The Student Room Group

French, History, English lit/lang and RS????? Advice needed prior 2morrow

I'm gonna keep this short and sweet
Grades
French A
English BC :frown:
I didn't do history GCSE
and RS A

My teachers have already allowed me in both French, RS and English lit/lang and today the head of history gave me the thumbs up.
My only issue is that the work load will be ridiculous and although i can see myself handling the pressure my family think otherwise.

My brother advised me to pick a more broad subject because he believes it will be to humanities heavy, and it doesn't give me an option to move much in terms of what i plan to do in uni ( which will be something with French)

My sister's friend has notes from last year in both RS and history which she has given to be to use for revision purposes. I feel prepared but I'm just slightly worried it will be to much to handle.
Tbh i understand my English isn't great but i hope my determination and hard work can help me pass.

So quick advice before tomorrow (which is when i need to decide) will this me to much work??????
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by Iloveleonardo
I'm gonna keep this short and sweet
Grades
French A
English BC :frown:
I didn't do history GCSE
and RS A

My teachers have already allowed me in both French, RS and English lit/lang and today the head of history gave me the thumbs up.
My only issue is that the work load will be ridiculous and although i can see myself handling the pressure my family think otherwise.

My brother advised me to pick a more broad subject because he believes it will be to humanities heavy, and it doesn't give me an option to move much in terms of what i plan to do in uni ( which will be something with French)

My sister's friend has notes from last year in both RS and history which she has given to be to use for revision purposes. I feel prepared but I'm just slightly worried it will be to much to handle.
Tbh i understand my English isn't great but i hope my determination and hard work can help me pass.

So quick advice before tomorrow (which is when i need to decide) will this me to much work??????

Forget what your brother said. Who gives a crap if it's all humanities? As long as you have French then it's alright. There's no need to take a science or technology subject if you don't have any interest in it what-so-ever!

For AS, I did History, English Language, Philosophy and Ethics and English Literature so 4 subjects and all humanities and I'm okay.

You've just got to spread the workload out and you'll be alright to be fair. If you can't manage your time, then you will seriously have trouble. Only downfall for taking essay based subjects, is that obvs you'll be doing LOADS of essays and when I say LOADS I mean LOADS!

I had so much. But maybe you'll have less cause you're doing the combined English one. But nonetheless, get your priorities straight and KEEP the organisation and time-management up and you'll be okay!

Quick Reply

Latest