The Student Room Group

Are my A levels good enough for Oxbridge Law?

Hi there, I’m currently studying English Literature+Language, French, RS and Psychology. As I’m only studying one ‘facilitating’ subject (I’ve heard Lit+Lang doesn’t count as one), I’m worried I could be at a disadvantage when it comes to university admissions. Would it be worth changing to more ‘traditional’ A levels?
Thank you, any advice is much appreciated 😀
Reply 1
Original post by jack_d2007
Hi there, I’m currently studying English Literature+Language, French, RS and Psychology. As I’m only studying one ‘facilitating’ subject (I’ve heard Lit+Lang doesn’t count as one), I’m worried I could be at a disadvantage when it comes to university admissions. Would it be worth changing to more ‘traditional’ A levels?

Could you repost this on the main 2034 Oxford Thread as you will get better advice there.

The concept of facilitating subjects is a thing of the past. Go to the Oxford and Cambridge websites and check the entry requirements for law on the course pages. Also, unis only require three A levels (even Oxbridge) so condsider dropping a subject so that you don't jeopardize your grades.
Reply 3

Tbh would it hurt to change to English Lit rather than the combined A level?

Quick Reply

Latest