The Student Room Group
Student at University of Edinburgh
University of Edinburgh

Second Year outside courses

Hi!
I'm starting second year next week and have just read that 40 credits of my outside courses this year must follow on from those I chose last year which were social policy and social anthropology. I've got a problem though as I hated social policy and the only social anthropology options for me for this year are running concurrently in the first semester. Is the rule really that strict at Edinburgh University? I have to choose my outside courses tomorrow and would be far more interested in choosing things that I will probably never get the opportunity to study again! I am completely sure of my degree choice and there is no chance of me trying to opt out of it at the end of this year! What should I do? Thanks!
Reply 1
Hi!
I'm starting second year next week and have just read that 40 credits of my outside courses this year must follow on from those I chose last year which were social policy and social anthropology. I've got a problem though as I hated social policy and the only social anthropology options for me for this year are running concurrently in the first semester. Is the rule really that strict at Edinburgh University? I have to choose my outside courses tomorrow and would be far more interested in choosing things that I will probably never get the opportunity to study again! I am completely sure of my degree choice and there is no chance of me trying to opt out of it at the end of this year! What should I do? Thanks!
Student at University of Edinburgh
University of Edinburgh
Reply 2
It might depend on your department, but I think that the only courses that are compulsory are those listed on your DRPS for your particular degree. You can choose any second year (as long as you have the pre-requisites) or first year courses as your outside subjects in second year.
Reply 3
I've moved this to the Edinburgh forum as you should get a better response :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending