The Student Room Group

Do i get funded from SFE for new course?

I began my studies at university in 2021 september, but didn't pass the year due to Compelling personal reasons and things outside of my control.

Due to all of this, I transferred course and restarted first year, and I completed first year. However I have not began the second year of my course as I am taking a year out of studies/suspending it for a year.

I'm thinking of transferring to a different university/course again come September time this year, and some of those courses being direct second year entry (if I get in). Those courses that I want to get direct second year entry in are 4 years long, meaning I would be there for 3 years. Would i get funding for the 3 years that I'm there considering if already had 2 years of funding from SFE? I've sent of a CPR (compelling personal reasons) application off to SFE recently and also rang up Student Finance helpline but they weren't really helpful for my query.
Hi there. Can you confirm the full name of the course and university you are looking to study? What years have you applied for with Compelling Personal Reasons?

Also, to clarify, you have 2 years of previous study? Thanks, Leah.
Reply 2
The full name of the course is BA Film and Television at The university of Edinburgh. I've applied for CPR for the first year of my course at a different institution. I did not pass that year due to personal reasons and restarted 1st year at a different uni, so yep i've had 2 years of study.
Hi there,

If you've had 2 years of previous study since leaving further education then to gain funding for the duration of your new course you'd need to apply for CPR in order to be funded for year 1. You would be automatically eligible for the fees for years 2-4 (or 3). Thanks, Jason

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending