The Student Room Group

Application coming back as ineligible

Why are student finance declining my application if I have followed all the steps correctly
Hi there. We would need some more information to help you with this. You should have an email or letter/notification as to why it has been made ineligible. Have you had a look in your emails/online account? Thanks, Leah.
Reply 2
Original post by Leah SLC
Hi there. We would need some more information to help you with this. You should have an email or letter/notification as to why it has been made ineligible. Have you had a look in your emails/online account? Thanks, Leah.

Yes, they have made my application ineligible due to applying outside of the deadline date however, they are saying I am outside of the deadline date because I took a suspended year. My Academic years is as follows

2020-2021 self-funded first year complete
2021- 2022 self-funded second year complete
2022-2023 SUSPENDED year to care for a sick relative in palliative care
2023-2024 applied for the first time for a postgraduate loan.

I am currently in my third year, and they are considering it my 4th year. There is nothing on the website saying this would have happened; therefore, I applied on the first day of my final year.
Original post by K.Puertas
Yes, they have made my application ineligible due to applying outside of the deadline date however, they are saying I am outside of the deadline date because I took a suspended year. My Academic years is as follows

2020-2021 self-funded first year complete
2021- 2022 self-funded second year complete
2022-2023 SUSPENDED year to care for a sick relative in palliative care
2023-2024 applied for the first time for a postgraduate loan.

I am currently in my third year, and they are considering it my 4th year. There is nothing on the website saying this would have happened; therefore, I applied on the first day of my final year.

Hi there,

Thanks, it would be best to access your account so we can see what's happened here. We'd recommend calling us on 0300 100 0031.

We're open today until 4pm, and we're open during the week from 8am to 8pm.

Thanks, Graeme
Reply 4
Original post by Graeme SFE
Hi there,

Thanks, it would be best to access your account so we can see what's happened here. We'd recommend calling us on 0300 100 0031.

We're open today until 4pm, and we're open during the week from 8am to 8pm.

Thanks, Graeme

Hi,

I have spoken to over 8 advisors. Who have tasked me with different tasks I have completed a change of circumstance form and sent in letters. My university has been in contact, and I am still told I have applied outside of the deadline date. I applied for the first time this year for student funding; the website says I can apply in any year of my course. I have done in my third year (Sept 23), but due to a suspended year, my end date has been moved by a year. Student Finance was the only organization I could rely on for my final year, and they have turned me down. I took a suspended year to look after my grandma, who was in palliative care, and have been going through a bereavement. None of this has been considered in my application.
Hi there,

As we cannot access accounts here, it would be best to call so that an adviser can help you with this.

0300 100 0031

Thanks, Clare

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending