The Student Room Group

Urgent help - monday deadline

Hi,
I need desperate help as the deadline to submit my application is on Monday (17/09/13)
Ive finished Edexcel Economics A-level, and obtained an A grade overall.
In Unit 3, I score 96% and in Unit 4, I scored 82%.
I'm trying to get an A* and my school have had trouble submitting my remark application.
The Edexcel representative said its not possible to achieve an A* overall in A level economics, but only in the A2 units individually.
When I spoke to someone from Edexcel, he said that you can get an A* overall, so long as that you have an A overall and 90% average at A2.
The trouble is that my school are being refused to be allowed to resubmit my paper as Ive apparently achieved the highest grade (an A), however, the highest grade in the A2 paper is an A*

Could someone please clarify this for me whether its possible to get an A* overall. And also, whether this guy is right or wrong.

I need to get this sorted ASAP

Thanks
Reply 1
At any A2 you can achieve an A* that is nonsense. Make sure you create a fuss and get this sorted out.
Reply 2
They're chatting rubbish, I'd ring edexcel directly asking for a remark and harass your school. As the other guy said, kick up a fuss!!!
Reply 3
Thanks for your help. I though so too but the guy was adamant.
Will get this sorted first thing Monday.

Thanks again :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest