The Student Room Group
UAL entrance
University of the Arts London
London
Visit website

urgent - UAL application

I am applying to UAL for diagnostic foundation.

Do I pick a college? Can I apply to multiple colleges? I'm really confused, I filled out all the things on the portal and got to the submission page but it never once asked about colleges

Scroll to see replies

Original post by mymelo

Do I pick a college? Can I apply to multiple colleges? I'm really confused, I filled out all the things on the portal and got to the submission page but it never once asked about colleges

I think that’s because that course is done at csm!
UAL entrance
University of the Arts London
London
Visit website
Reply 2
Original post by Anonymous #1
Original post by mymelo

I think that’s because that course is done at csm!

Hello! Apparently the art & design foundation course will be conducted in the lime grove campus starting this session, not at CSM or Camberwell. Hope this helps!
Reply 3
Original post by mymelo

UAL foundation is now a centralized foundation course on a new site in Lime Grove. It serves all of the UAL colleges so that's why you don't pick one. Just apply and then wait for the link to download your portfolio. We still haven't got the link after waiting for two weeks. They are VERY slow and it's almost impossible to communicate with them . There is a
Reply 4
Original post by mymelo

Yes, it's just one foundation that serves all the UAL colleges. So don't stress, just apply 😌
Original post by samdowson
UAL foundation is now a centralized foundation course on a new site in Lime Grove. It serves all of the UAL colleges so that's why you don't pick one. Just apply and then wait for the link to download your portfolio. We still haven't got the link after waiting for two weeks. They are VERY slow and it's almost impossible to communicate with them . There is a
Hey! I’d maybe contact admissions about the upload link… I got sent mine within a day or so of applying !!! I wouldn’t wait it out too long just incase x
Original post by Anonymous #2
Hey! I’d maybe contact admissions about the upload link… I got sent mine within a day or so of applying !!! I wouldn’t wait it out too long just incase x
Thank you!
Original post by Anonymous #2
I did that and finally got the link! So THANK YOU! The emails they were sending about pebble weren't coming through. We sorted it on the "chat". The person was really helpful! 😄
the course is actually done at UAL’s new pre degree location now, so you don’t apply to do it at a specific college
Also reminder for everyone that today is the last day for equal consideration for foundation diploma applications! So send your portfolio off asap
Reply 10
Yes, it's just one foundation that serves all the UAL colleges. So don't stress, just apply 😌
Tysm for the help!
UAL The deadline for submitting your portfolio on their PEBBLE download is 11 March.
UAL The deadline for submitting your portfolio on their PEBBLE download is 11 March.

Yes but the last day for equal consideration was yesterday, they mentioned it in an email reminding everyone to send their portfolios as soon as possible
Did anyone hear back about their outcomes?
Reply 14
Original post by pinkapoppy
Yes but the last day for equal consideration was yesterday, they mentioned it in an email reminding everyone to send their portfolios as soon as possible
wait what??? so my chance of an offer will be worse if i apply later??
Original post by mymelo
wait what??? so my chance of an offer will be worse if i apply later??

yes because they already started looking through applications so there won’t be as many places available, so apply asap!!
Original post by pinkapoppy
Hi! I didn’t get this email? I just got an email asking to submit my portfolio by March 11th? I am going to be submitting it in the next day but would that be bad that I’m submitting it close to the deadline?
Reply 17
Original post by JellySoobie2
Hi! I didn’t get this email? I just got an email asking to submit my portfolio by March 11th? I am going to be submitting it in the next day but would that be bad that I’m submitting it close to the deadline?
me too, i looked at all the emails they sent carefully and i didn't see this
Original post by mymelo
me too, i looked at all the emails they sent carefully and i didn't see this
Ahhh this is so stressful 😭😭😭 maybe they meant applications? I checked the portfolio email and all my inboxes for any sign of this ‘equal consideration’ thing but I didn’t see anything?
it was in the footnote of an email they sent reminding me about what’s next in my application process, i’ve copied that bit below:

Hearing the outcome of your application

For our Foundation Diploma in Art and Design course, we’ll wait until the application equal consideration deadline of 28 February 2024 before we consider any applications. This means you won’t hear from us until after this date.  

Once you’ve provided everything we ask for, including submitting your portfolio by the deadline you’re given, we’ll notify you of the outcome of your application via email and your UAL Portal. The latest you’ll receive an outcome will be 31 May 2024. 

hope this helps! i’m sure it doesn’t make that much of an impact, and i haven’t heard of anyone getting an offer yet anyways. someone i know who is there now got an offer in late april last year, so i reckon they’ll still give it more time

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending