The Student Room Group

I'm Dutch, ask me anything.

Scroll to see replies

Ah I'm so jealous right now haha. Well I went to Cambridge on a school trip, but I don't remember much because that was five years ago xD Haha yes the Dutch are known to have invaded aus :smile:
Reply 61
Do you like foot massages?

How do you take care of your feet? Have you ever got a pedicure?
Original post by Plurkie
I don't mind at all! Smoking weed is not as common as many may think actually :biggrin: in Amsterdam you can't walk into a street withou smelling it but where I live it's not that bad. Some guys from my school smoke pot but it doesn't make them cool really. People don't really care. We do a lot of memorizing too but that may be just the kind of school that I'm going to, other than that we do tests on history of Dutch literature for example (blegh.) I guess many Dutchies don't like their language because it doesn't sound pretty like french or some english, and because we have the most ridiculous expressions. A trainslation of one is 'Now the monkey comes out of the sleeve' by which normal people would say 'Ah, it is clear now'. See? :tongue: I am not high at the moment and would have no idea how that feels because I've never even smoked a cigarette before :smile:

Nah, I think Dutch sounds beautiful. But yeah seriously, who the hell invented that expression... he/she must have been high haha (joking)
Original post by Zhy
Do you like foot massages?

How do you take care of your feet? Have you ever got a pedicure?

No, not really. It tickles and I can't stand that. I clip my nails and that's about it.
Original post by IntoTheWater
Nah, I think Dutch sounds beautiful. But yeah seriously, who the hell invented that expression... he/she must have been high haha (joking)

There are loads more that are even worse, don't start me hahaha. I bet you they were sky high because I don't know how else people came up with that kind of **** :tongue:
Yes. Yes indeed.
Reply 66
Ever kicked a guy between the legs?
Original post by Plurkie
Go ahead, I'm bored

Whereabouts in Holland is worth visiting? I've always wanted to go to Amsterdam because it looks really nice but are any other places worth a visit? :smile:
Reply 68
Where would you recommend people visit when they go to the Netherlands?? I've been to Amsterdam and Lisse (well, Keukenhof), and Maastricht give me some other cool places to go to!!

Do you get annoyed when people say 'Holland' instead of 'the Netherlands' or do you not care? :tongue:

Do you like the colour orange? :biggrin:

EDIT: Wow, just realised the person before me asked the same question :frown: was not there when i started typing out this post :/
(edited 10 years ago)
Haha yes Germans are pretty much everywhere too! I actually live close to the sea so in the spring and summer the beach is ridiculously crowded with Germans who seem to have a strange habit of digging holes for no reason.
Original post by Zhy
Ever kicked a guy between the legs?

Nope, but definitely not afraid to.
Reply 71
If a friend of yours wanted to run his or her tongue along the soles of your feet, what would you charge them for being able to do so?
Original post by pink pineapple
Whereabouts in Holland is worth visiting? I've always wanted to go to Amsterdam because it looks really nice but are any other places worth a visit? :smile:

One of my favourite places in the Netherlands is Utrecht, the city is wonderful and has a great atmosphere. You should definitely go there sometime! :smile:
Does your name start with "Van"?

EG. Van persie, Van nisteelrooy
Original post by Zhy
If a friend of yours wanted to run his or her tongue along the soles of your feet, what would you charge them for being able to do so?

I would not allow it in the first place, I think it is quite unhygienic.
Reply 75
Original post by Plurkie
I would not allow it in the first place, I think it is quite unhygienic.

Let's suppose that you had just washed them for this very purpose...?
Reply 76
Do you get annoyed that some people only come to the Netherlands for the weed in Amsterdam and miss out on everything else like the sights the country has to offer?
Original post by Nice.Guy
Where would you recommend people visit when they go to the Netherlands?? I've been to Amsterdam and Lisse (well, Keukenhof), give me some other cool places to go to!!

Do you get annoyed when people say 'Holland' instead of 'the Netherlands' or do you not care? :tongue:

Do you like the colour orange? :biggrin:

Utrecht is really nice, and if you like theme parks you can go to the Efteling near Den Bosch (Den Bosch is also pretty nice by the way) or Walibi in Flevoland. Or Haarlem, great place for shopping :tongue: I mix them both up too, and technically I live in the part that's called Holland so it doesn't bother me at all :smile: And yes, I like orange.
Original post by Zhy
Let's suppose that you had just washed them for this very purpose...?

Then still, do you even know how much germs a human mouth harbours? A lot.
Original post by khalidpatel
Does your name start with "Van"?

EG. Van persie, Van nisteelrooy

No, but it's not uncommon :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest