The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by noxxc
there is roughly 9 essays for each topic in PSYA3.. I was wondering how many people are learning out of them?

All
Reply 941
Original post by noxxc
there is roughly 9 essays for each topic in PSYA3.. I was wondering how many people are learning out of them?

I have 6 for eating behaviour and 7 for relationships and aggression... I've learnt them all as any could come up!
Original post by noxxc

All of them. Don't leave any out!
Reply 943
Hi, does anyone have essay plans for parental investment and sexual selection that they could send me please, it would be very helpful!
Reply 944
owwwww ok thanks. my teacher is really good at predicting whats coming up so we're all tempted to learn the 3 most likely from each topic but guess not!!
Original post by noxxc
owwwww ok thanks. my teacher is really good at predicting whats coming up so we're all tempted to learn the 3 most likely from each topic but guess not!!

yep that's not a good idea, you should learn all the essays than learning 3 because there's a strong chance that all three you learnt won't come up in the real paper....
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by noxxc

I'm memorising 9 essays overall because those are likely to come up for psya3, the rest i'm just gonna make notes, just to be on the safe side!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 947
Original post by prettyugly
I'm memorising 9 essays overall because those are likely to come up for psya3, the rest i'm just gonna make notes, just to be on the safe side!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Out of interest which do you predict will come up?
Original post by kited4
Out of interest which do you predict will come up?

Eating behaviour: Explanations for success/failure of dieting, neural mechanisms and evolutionary explanations.

Relationships: Breakdown, paternal investment and sexual selection.

Aggression: Social learning theory, deindividuation, institutional aggression and neural and hormonal mechanisms.

10 essays i meant, these are the ones that weren't in jan/june 2013 but yeah still have to consider the ones that did come up :wink:

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 10 years ago)
How many studies are people remembering for each section, particularly in Unit 3?
Reply 950
Eating behaviour: Explanations for success/failure of dieting, neural mechanisms and evolutionary explanations.

Aggression: Social learning theory, deindividuation, institutional aggression and neural and hormonal mechanisms.

Those are the ones that weren't in jan/june 2013 but yeah still have to consider the ones that did come up :wink:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Ahh right - I do the same topics and I'd love it if those came up :biggrin:
Original post by kited4
Ahh right - I do the same topics and I'd love it if those came up :biggrin:

Yess. Apart from neural mechanisms, i can never remember this is why i didn't pick biology :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by TheIsotech
How many studies are people remembering for each section, particularly in Unit 3?

i pretty much learn every study , or as many as i'd need for each possible question - 4 if the most they could ask on that section is 12 marks and 8 if it's 16 marks

however , i only do that because i find it a lot easier to get the top marks than sticking in AO3 for methodological as a whole paragraph - i refer to methodology in my studies
Is anybody doing intelligence? Do you know if we can be asked a 24 mark question on the role of classical or operant conditioning?
Reply 954
Original post by LeaX
Is anybody doing intelligence? Do you know if we can be asked a 24 mark question on the role of classical or operant conditioning?

Hey Lea.

I do it and yes a 24 marker could be asked.
Reply 955
Guys, roughly, how lone should each 24 marker essay be?
is 500 words enough?
Reply 956

10 essays i meant, these are the ones that weren't in jan/june 2013 but yeah still have to consider the ones that did come up :wink:

Posted from TSR Mobile

the eating behaviours and aggression ones were the same for me too!! thats what my teacher predicted except she guessed diagnosis of anorexia as one potentially. also the method you have for revising was what I was going to do! the 3 most likely in each topic off by heart then the rest mainly through bullet points
Original post by arminb
Guys, roughly, how lone should each 24 marker essay be?
is 500 words enough?

they suggest 600 but tbh mine are always two and a half pages , and i get 22/24 on average

mine are like double that , but i do write quickly and my plans are nothing more than a couple of names , three minutes absolute max
Reply 958
Original post by hotliketea
they suggest 600 but tbh mine are always two and a half pages , and i get 22/24 on average

mine are like double that , but i do write quickly and my plans are nothing more than a couple of names , three minutes absolute max

you write all that in 30 minutes :eek:
WoOOow
Original post by noxxc
the eating behaviours and aggression ones were the same for me too!! thats what my teacher predicted except she guessed diagnosis of anorexia as one potentially. also the method you have for revising was what I was going to do! the 3 most likely in each topic off by heart then the rest mainly through bullet points

diagnosis of anorexia isn't on the spec.

Latest

Trending

Trending