The Student Room Group

Sims - How to get motivated to play it?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Where'sPerry?
It's so frustrating! Create A Sim is really slow for me as well. The actual game runs okay, not lightning fast, but playable at least.

The real thing why I'm struggling to play is because my game keeps crashing, so I literally have to save it every 10 mins, cause if I don't I get caught up in the game. And the next thing I know, it's been 3 hours and the games suddenly crashes, then I'm like "NOOO,ALL THAT PLAYTIME FOR NOTHING!" and I get so demotivated when this happens!!
Original post by Cool_JordH
The real thing why I'm struggling to play is because my game keeps crashing, so I literally have to save it every 10 mins, cause if I don't I get caught up in the game. And the next thing I know, it's been 3 hours and the games suddenly crashes, then I'm like "NOOO,ALL THAT PLAYTIME FOR NOTHING!" and I get so demotivated when this happens!!

Have you tried using the crash log analyser? Link to it here. Used this to figure out that my save was corrupted. Mod The Sims is a good site if you've not come across it before, been using it since TS2 came out and not had a problem with any of my downloads from there. :smile:
Original post by Cool_JordH

I have to do the same thing and it's so irritating! Once I was playing a legacy family. I played for the majority of that day; I was on Generation 1 when I started playing and I got about halfway through Generation 2. I got so caught up in the game that I completely forgot about saving. Then my game froze and I had to restart my laptop and of course I had lost everything :frown: What a waste of a day :rolleyes: I wish Sims 3 had an auto-save feature so that it automatically saved your game every half an hour or so.
Original post by Purple-Pixie
I have to do the same thing and it's so irritating! Once I was playing a legacy family. I played for the majority of that day; I was on Generation 1 when I started playing and I got about halfway through Generation 2. I got so caught up in the game that I completely forgot about saving. Then my game froze and I had to restart my laptop and of course I had lost everything :frown: What a waste of a day :rolleyes: I wish Sims 3 had an auto-save feature so that it automatically saved your game every half an hour or so.

Omg, I've had that happen!! It's sooo annoying! Cause the hard work you put yourself through to make sure your Sims world goes perfect and precise... and then to loose it all, it just a nightmare!! I keep having to use my stopwatch on my phone, set it for every ten minutes, cause I just never know when it might freeze and crash!!

Currently, I'm trying to get my couple to get married on the weekend (I'm on Tuesday now) and the amount of times I have to save it... at this rate, it's gonna take all day, all week (in real time) to make this happen!
It's half-term, so I'm playing as much as I can, cause once it comes to next week, I won't have time to play it! :frown:

Quick Reply

Latest