The Student Room Group

how to become a professional engineer?

i am in year 9 and and i am 14....

so i want to know how i could become an engineer.

thanks for ur help
Reply 1
The first thing you could do is do vey well in your GCSE's (Moslty A's and A*'s) then do the same and get really good grades at A-level. Get experience if you can. Go to a good Uni for engineering and then whatever it takes to be an engineer.

Basically, have good academics.

good luck :smile:

I remember when I was in yr 9...
Reply 2
Study Engineering At Uni
Reply 3
Original post by raihan.police999
i am in year 9 and and i am 14....

so i want to know how i could become an engineer.

thanks for ur help

You should take triple science along with a subject like design technology at GCSE and at A-Level you should take Maths,Further Maths,Physics and a design and technology subject.Apply for a university course and pass and then apply for a job and if you got a good grade 2:1 or above you will become an engineer.Its actually pretty simple like Medicine-providing that you work hard and pass with good grades.However, like Medicine the hard part is getting onto the university course so you should probably get some works experience in engineering and talk passionate in interviews.
Reply 4
Amazing that you have such a clear idea what you want to do at 14, I'm 17 and still don't have a clue! Just work really hard at your GCSEs especially for your sciences, then for A-levels you'd need to do Maths and Physics, perhaps Further Maths and DT if they're offered as well but they're not essential. Obviously if you want to do Chemical Engineering you'd need Chemistry. Then you'll do a degree in Engineering, ideally an MEng.

Have fun,
Original post by Flauta
Amazing that you have such a clear idea what you want to do at 14, I'm 17 and still don't have a clue! Just work really hard at your GCSEs especially for your sciences, then for A-levels you'd need to do Maths and Physics, perhaps Further Maths and DT if they're offered as well but they're not essential. Obviously if you want to do Chemical Engineering you'd need Chemistry. Then you'll do a degree in Engineering, ideally an MEng.

Have fun,

i know what i know want to be because one night i was just thinking all about my future

Quick Reply

Latest