The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by aloha_here
Hi guys, I'm preparing for my F325 exam and I am stuck on this question (calculating pH) could someone please go through this with me step by step? I get part (i) but the part (ii) i can't do - even calculating the moles of NaOH! I would appreciate any help

Yes, I will try. Please post the question to see if I can do it.
Reply 21
Original post by Nabihah
Yes, I will try. Please post the question to see if I can do it.

Thankyou! Sorry I didn't realise I hadn't attached it :colondollar:acids and bases.pptx
omg there are soooo many questions regarding Acids/Bases/Buffers that just confuse me. Like, OMG. lol. I just find it difficult to know which equation to use for different questions. :frown:
Jan 13 paper was awful. Absolutely horrendous

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 24
Original post by letsbehonest
Jan 13 paper was awful. Absolutely horrendous

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah, it was said to be hardest paper yet.
What are the most relevant past papers for this exam, other than the ones on the website. Their legacy papers aren't particularly relevant to the modern exams. It's like there's been a total specification change.

Are AQA, WJEC, OCR B papers similar to OCR A?

This question applies to F324 as well if anybody has any infomation!

Thanks in advance
Original post by saltyjohn1
What are the most relevant past papers for this exam, other than the ones on the website. Their legacy papers aren't particularly relevant to the modern exams. It's like there's been a total specification change.

Are AQA, WJEC, OCR B papers similar to OCR A?

This question applies to F324 as well if anybody has any infomation!

Thanks in advance

I posted a link earlier in this thread I think, or in the f324 one. I will post it again in a bit, my phone is dodgy

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 10 years ago)
I posted a link earlier in this thread I think, or in the f324 one. I will post it again in a bit, my phone is dodgy

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thank you!

Just to confirm, are none of these from OCR A's website?
How far through F325 are people? our college learnt all of F324 up till December and we're about a third of the way through F325 at the moment
Original post by saltyjohn1
Just to confirm, are none of these from OCR A's website?

The ones that open in a word document and are typed up appear to be made up by some school. I think some may be from older OCR A papers though :smile:
Original post by JamesRobertson
How far through F325 are people? our college learnt all of F324 up till December and we're about a third of the way through F325 at the moment

Finished F325 in Jan, we are a 1/3rd of the way through F324.

How did you find F324? Seems soooooo dry
Finished F325 in Jan, we are a 1/3rd of the way through F324.

How did you find F324? Seems soooooo dry

Ah okay, F324 wasn't too bad I got an A* in my January mock, so long as you remember the mechanisms and Conditions/Reagents for the reactions we learn it isn't too difficult, how did you find F325? I'm a third year so I've already done both modules before they both seem so much easier this year although we haven't covered Ligand Substitution or Complex Ions again yet which I hated last year
Original post by JamesRobertson
Ah okay, F324 wasn't too bad I got an A* in my January mock, so long as you remember the mechanisms and Conditions/Reagents for the reactions we learn it isn't too difficult, how did you find F325? I'm a third year so I've already done both modules before they both seem so much easier this year although we haven't covered Ligand Substitution or Complex Ions again yet which I hated last year

That seems alright. I have my mock tomorrow.

Complex ions/ligand substitution seems to be alright.
It's a pretty hefty unit. Some of the pH stuff is difficult at times personally :smile:
That seems alright. I have my mock tomorrow.

Complex ions/ligand substitution seems to be alright.
It's a pretty hefty unit. Some of the pH stuff is difficult at times personally :smile:

Oh right good luck! Yeah we've finished most the pH stuff now just got Buffer Solutions which aren't too bad
I feel so weird with this unit - we started it towards Christmas, but we changed teachers 3 times in the space between December and mid-January. So we went over content again, and again lol (pH stuff). We have gone through things quite quickly, and all we have left is entropy, half cells/redox equations, and transition metals, and ligand stuff; the thing is, our school wants teachers to go through things slowly, so we can develop an understanding, but we haven't. So, I feel like I don't really understand this unit, I feel like I just know a couple of formulae, and definitions - enough to get me a good grade; but if there are questions on things that I haven't seen before, then I probably won't understand how to answer it.
I don't know if what I have just written makes sense, but basically - I feel very meh about this unit.
Original post by Nabihah
Yeah, it was said to be hardest paper yet.

The June 2013 F325 paper was IMO wore than the Jan 2013 one. Bloody awful. First half was ok, but the second half was absolutely horrible.

I think I am seeing a trend here. F325 is getting harder and harder!
Reply 38
The June 2013 F325 paper was IMO wore than the Jan 2013 one. Bloody awful. First half was ok, but the second half was absolutely horrible.

I think I am seeing a trend here. F325 is getting harder and harder!

@BOLD Yeah that's what my teacher said. They want to really make the A* students earn the A* which makes it harder for everyone else :frown:
Original post by Nabihah
@BOLD Yeah that's what my teacher said. They want to really make the A* students earn the A* which makes it harder for everyone else :frown:

I just need a damn A to get into uni!

I guess we have a lot of time though. I really need to do more stretch and challenge question. I have a tendency to freak out if I see lots of information and unknown compounds!

Latest

Trending

Trending