The Student Room Group

Oliver Wyman Online Tests

Is there anyone else that's got invites for the online tests? I hear they are insanely difficult, given we have 7 days to do the test, I'm scraping around for GCSE books. Any advice from those who have done them would be much appreciated!:
Reply 1
They're very similar to GMAT Maths questions, so make sure you go through them before you take the test!
Original post by fast_food
They're very similar to GMAT Maths questions, so make sure you go through them before you take the test!

Just another question, (that was really helpful btw), does everyone get invites or have i passed cv screening? I'm just looking for some indication that my cv actually works. thanks!
Reply 3
Unfortunately I have no idea! I was wondering the same thing when I was asked to take the test a couple of weeks ago.

I think it means that our CV/cover letter is good because when I checked the threads from last year, there were people who got rejected straight away.
Reply 4
Hi guys I too am invited to sit the online tests. The e-mail mentions that the test should only take 20 mins, does that mean we only have to do the numerical test? If we had to do both the numerical and verbal reasoning tests surely they would have mentioned that the test will take 40 mins to complete?
Original post by ay42
Hi guys I too am invited to sit the online tests. The e-mail mentions that the test should only take 20 mins, does that mean we only have to do the numerical test? If we had to do both the numerical and verbal reasoning tests surely they would have mentioned that the test will take 40 mins to complete?

that's a good point, i guess it's only numerical then and maybe we get a verbal & psychometric at a later stage. i'm getting really confused on what to practice, i hear some people saying basic GCSE, some say practice SAT's and some say GMAT. Mindscrew. just out of curiosity, wht kind of back ground are people here coming from, education + experience wise
(edited 10 years ago)
Unfortunately I have no idea! I was wondering the same thing when I was asked to take the test a couple of weeks ago.

I think it means that our CV/cover letter is good because when I checked the threads from last year, there were people who got rejected straight away.

did you manage to get past the online test stage by preparing with GMAT numericals?
Reply 7
I received a rejection around 3-4 days after I completed the online test. I basically revised GCSE Maths thinking that would help me but when I was doing the test, I really struggled!

After the test, I had a look at GMAT Maths questions and they were quite similar to the online test qs and so I regretted not looking at them before the test.
You are also asked to do a verbal reasoning test straight after the test btw.

Tbh, just do as much as you can to prepare for it. Go through GCSE Maths, SATs qs, GMAT qs...etc they'll all help you.
Reply 8
Original post by albertoeinstein
that's a good point, i guess it's only numerical then and maybe we get a verbal & psychometric at a later stage. i'm getting really confused on what to practice, i hear some people saying basic GCSE, some say practice SAT's and some say GMAT. Mindscrew. just out of curiosity, wht kind of back ground are people here coming from, education + experience wise

I am a LSE postgraduate student and have some experience in consulting (financial services) through various contracts. You?
Original post by ay42
I am a LSE postgraduate student and have some experience in consulting (financial services) through various contracts. You?

postgraduate student (msc international business management), did my postgrad straight after my undergrad in Business Management. experience in starting up 2 companies, 0 consultancy/ big firm experience.
(edited 10 years ago)
I received a rejection around 3-4 days after I completed the online test. I basically revised GCSE Maths thinking that would help me but when I was doing the test, I really struggled!

After the test, I had a look at GMAT Maths questions and they were quite similar to the online test qs and so I regretted not looking at them before the test.
You are also asked to do a verbal reasoning test straight after the test btw.

Tbh, just do as much as you can to prepare for it. Go through GCSE Maths, SATs qs, GMAT qs...etc they'll all help you.

appreciate it. good to know nice people exist. keep trying. i got rejectetd from CVA today. I should know from Bain by the11th.
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 11
I took them a few days ago and they're similar to the UKMT Maths Challenge tests - not much data manipulation and a bit of common sense required.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending