The Student Room Group

Ate a unopened pack of stirfry egg noodles 2 days past used by

I ate an unopened pack of asda brand ready olive oil stir fry egg noodles 2 days past it's 'use by date' will I become ill? I'm panicking I have an event in two days
Original post by Meek corcoran
I ate an unopened pack of asda brand ready olive oil stir fry egg noodles 2 days past it's 'use by date' will I become ill? I'm panicking I have an event in two days

personally id say dont worry at all if it smelt and tasted fine then theres no harm in eating it
people throw out food so easilly nowadays!!
Reply 2
Original post by idk_howtorevise
personally id say dont worry at all if it smelt and tasted fine then theres no harm in eating it
people throw out food so easilly nowadays!!

Thank you so much, it was a completely unopened pack (I actually forgot about it) I was just a little worried since they were in olive oil? But thank you so much for your answer it has eased my nerves 🥰
Original post by Meek corcoran
Thank you so much, it was a completely unopened pack (I actually forgot about it) I was just a little worried since they were in olive oil? But thank you so much for your answer it has eased my nerves 🥰

thats literally the nicest thing someones said to me
hope you have a good time at your event:h:!!!
Did you smell it before cooking it? Egg noodles that have gone off have a foul sweet smell to them.
Reply 6
Original post by 1582
Did you smell it before cooking it? Egg noodles that have gone off have a foul sweet smell to them.

I tried to give them the scent test, but I couldn't quite make out the smell? It wasn't really anything strong

Quick Reply

Latest