The Student Room Group
University College London, University of London
University College London
London

BSc Physics and BSc Natural Sciences at UCL

Hi, I’m thinking about applying to the University College London BSc Physics course as well the BSc Natural Sciences course. But I’m concerned that it won’t work in my favour because both applications are sent to the same faculty. I just hope it won’t affect my chances of getting in!
Original post by Anonymous
Hi, I’m thinking about applying to the University College London BSc Physics course as well the BSc Natural Sciences course. But I’m concerned that it won’t work in my favour because both applications are sent to the same faculty. I just hope it won’t affect my chances of getting in!

Hi!

I'm Oliver and am a 4th year natural sciences student at Lancaster.
I know with natural sciences, students are often apply to single honours degrees too. Therefore at Lancaster we tend to look for a general interest in science from the personal statement rather than specific subjects. Therefore you could talk about your interests in physics and that would still help you for natural sciences. I'd also recommend talking about other scientific passions you have in order to show a breadth of interest.
However I'm not sure if this is the case at all universities so it'd definitely be worth emailing them to get the perspective.

I hope that helps. Best of luck with your application and if you have any more questions, I'd be happy to help

Oliver (Student Ambassador)
University College London, University of London
University College London
London
Reply 2
Hi Oliver,
Thank you so much for taking the time to reply. You definitely answered my question - super helpful! Have a nice day,
Constantin

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending