The Student Room Group

This discussion is now closed.

Check out other Related discussions

Mental Health Support Society Mk XI

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
Original post by avhhs
:laugh: I think I'd certainly appreciate that in the future :yep: :tongue:

And I don't really seem to like the people me and they hang out with, most of them sit at the back of the class in order to talk and disturb the rest of us who actually want to learn. And it is huge disrespect to the lecturer, so obvious they see learning as a burden. Why did you even apply to uni and waste £9,000+?

I had someone in my lectures who would turn up to every lecture 20-30 minutes late. Considering most of the lectures were 50/55 minutes; it seems a bit pointless turning up that late consistently!
Reply 61
Original post by rmhumphries
I had someone in my lectures who would turn up to every lecture 20-30 minutes late. Considering most of the lectures were 50/55 minutes; it seems a bit pointless turning up that late consistently!

Lol, people do turn up late a lot here but today the lecturer was only in for 5 of the 30 minutes of the tutorial I was there for before I decided to get up and leave. And I am missing out the next tutorial as well because I just can't stand the lesson. Why do I always have the worst luck with girls? :sad:
I have been fighting depression for 8 months. I have finally seen a bit of progress. Please check out my video update.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bO-KHT13Izg
Hello... :wavey:
o0o0o0o new thread.

Original post by superwolf
post from old thread

Thanks. I guess you're right, things just don't feel like that at the moment though. Sometimes I just feel like I MUST deserve all of the crap I go through because it happens to ME. If that makes sense. Probably not I am a bit fuzzy headed today.

--------

So I was told I would be changed to an NHS psychiatrist within 2 weeks…. I have to wait until 12th December. FFS why make false promises?!
Hmm, why is my auto-anon not working? :colonhash: I was anon. no. 1 in the previous few threads. Apparently I have now lost that title. :frown:
Reply 66
73% on my dissertation. :smile:

That's a 1st if iirc? :holmes: At least a first in your dissertation? Wolfie that's amazing! :bigsmile: You deserve it so much!

Original post by avhhs
Lol, people do turn up late a lot here but today the lecturer was only in for 5 of the 30 minutes of the tutorial I was there for before I decided to get up and leave. And I am missing out the next tutorial as well because I just can't stand the lesson. Why do I always have the worst luck with girls? :sad:

Do your university know about your depression dude? If they don't; I'd try and let someone know as soon as possible so they can be abit more lenient about you missing lectures. My lectures are okay with me missing a lecture aslong as I let them know I'm going through a rough patch, otherwise it'll just look like you're missing lectures/tutorials/lab sessions for the sake it when in fact you have more than a satisfactory reason.
(edited 10 years ago)
now i remember why i watch holyoaks alone :bawling:

an hour straight i was just in tears with both sadness and happiness and all feeling together! so drained now :frown:
Reply 68
Original post by Anonymous
Hmm, why is my auto-anon not working? :colonhash: I was anon. no. 1 in the previous few threads. Apparently I have now lost that title. :frown:

Unfortunately you were too late to gain anon #1 again :frown:

For those using the anti-anon script, an update has been released to cover this thread. If you use the version which anti-anons you on dep soc/MHSS only you will need to update (to update, just install just go to the 'userscripts' page and install the new script). If you use the 'global' version, no update is needed.
Original post by Deyesy
That's a 1st if iirc? :holmes: At least a first in your dissertation? Wolfie that's amazing! :bigsmile: You deserve it so much!

Yep! :smile: First in the dissertation, 2:1 overall. Am now shopping for rewards for myself. :biggrin:
Reply 70
Original post by Deyesy

Do your university know about your depression dude? If they don't; I'd try and let someone know as soon as possible so they can be abit more lenient about you missing lectures. My lectures are okay with me missing a lecture aslong as I let them know I'm going through a rough patch, otherwise it'll just look like you're missing lectures/tutorials/lab sessions for the sake it when in fact you have more than a satisfactory reason.

Unfortunately they don't, I have had the form to apply for DSA for 2 months now but I can't be bothered filling it in :ninja:. Although I think I should make an appointment with the disability people so I could fill it in at the same time :yep:
Can't believe I slept through the start of a new thread. :sad: :tongue:

73% on my dissertation. :smile:

Congratulations! :biggrin: :woo: :yay: :hugs:

Hospital phoned today- I've to go in on Thursday morning. :cry2:
Original post by PonchoKid
now i remember why i watch holyoaks alone :bawling:

an hour straight i was just in tears with both sadness and happiness and all feeling together! so drained now :frown:

It stopped being worth watching when Bombhead left.
Original post by avhhs
Unfortunately they don't, I have had the form to apply for DSA for 2 months now but I can't be bothered filling it in :ninja:. Although I think I should make an appointment with the disability people so I could fill it in at the same time :yep:

I'm afraid you won't get too far with that attitude. :no: Uni is where you have to start doing things for yourself, and if you can't do that then you ask for help. The DSA form is fairly simple so far as I can remember, and shouldn't be much effort. If you don't understand it or find this sort of thing difficult then ask for help, but if you know about the help available and just don't feel like applying for it yet then you're only mounting up future problems for yourself. :frown:

Original post by tasha96
Can't believe I slept through the start of a new thread. :sad: :tongue:

Congratulations! :biggrin: :woo: :yay: :hugs:

Thanks! :biggrin:

You'll be ok, :hugs: I hope they have internet so you can let us know how you get on. :smile:
Reply 74
I'm afraid you won't get too far with that attitude. :no: Uni is where you have to start doing things for yourself, and if you can't do that then you ask for help. The DSA form is fairly simple so far as I can remember, and shouldn't be much effort. If you don't understand it or find this sort of thing difficult then ask for help, but if you know about the help available and just don't feel like applying for it yet then you're only mounting up future problems for yourself. :frown:

Well I suppose it is typical for me, I started it but then I lost concentration after I found I needed to get some info another time and then it just got stuffed away in the drawer :ninja: Really must get that done.
Reply 75
Original post by avhhs
Well I suppose it is typical for me, I started it but then I lost concentration after I found I needed to get some info another time and then it just got stuffed away in the drawer :ninja: Really must get that done.

I keep a pile of paperwork which is either important or time-critical (e.g. appointment letters) at one corner of my desk - that way it is there to often catch my attention, and if the pile either gets too big then I know I need to work on it.
Original post by tasha96

youll be ok hun! (hugs)

Original post by ByronicHero
It stopped being worth watching when Bombhead left.

:eek: as in years ago when bombhead was last in, or his most recent visit to the village?!?!

well a lot has happened since then :sadnod:
Original post by avhhs

I took ages to get my DSA form done but it really is worth filling it in. The help I got for my Masters (no one at Oxford ever suggested DSA for me :frown: ) was SO helpful and really contributed towards my success :h:
Original post by The_Lonely_Goatherd
Oooh, non-platonic relationship, eh? :colone: Good luck and hope it all goes well for you :smile:

I had a job interview two weeks ago (didn't get it) and have a job interview coming up on Thursday. Plus I've just seen a job advert I like the look of this morning :gah: Problem is they're all full-time :frown:

That's strange. I didn't see a quote notif for this. Weird :tongue:. Not too older :wink:.
Oh, good luck. Does being an Oxford grad help? Good luck! There's the reasonable considerations thing you mentioned :biggrin:
Original post by PonchoKid
youll be ok hun! (hugs)

:eek: as in years ago when bombhead was last in, or his most recent visit to the village?!?!

well a lot has happened since then :sadnod:

Years ago. I'm an old-school Hollyoaks viewer :moon:

Latest