The Student Room Group

Costa Coffee notice

Anyone know how much notice I have to give when leaving Costa?
Thanks
You work in Costa, surrounded by employees in the same position as you, and by supervisors, an assistant manager and a manager who are not doubt well versed on the company's procedures. You also have what I know is an absolutely fantastic HR department; and you choose to ask a question about your leaving notice on TSR?

Jesus ****ing christ I hate the internet sometimes.
Original post by Sockhead
Anyone know how much notice I have to give when leaving Costa?
Thanks

Check your contract. That should say how much notice to give. If you dont have a contract, then technically you dont need to give any, but to keep things on good terms (especially if you want to use then for a reference later on etc) then speak to a manager, supervisor or even another employee (depending on who you feel comfortable asking) how much notice you would have to give.
Original post by StretfordEnd
You work in Costa, surrounded by employees in the same position as you, and by supervisors, an assistant manager and a manager who are not doubt well versed on the company's procedures. You also have what I know is an absolutely fantastic HR department; and you choose to ask a question about your leaving notice on TSR?

Thats a bit harsh. The OP was only asking for a bit of advice.
What if the OP doesnt feel comfortable asking their manager/supervisor?
Reply 4
Thank you Emma
Indeed it is quite a messy situation as I've only been there a couple weeks and don't have a copy of my own contract.
I'll see what I can do

Thanks again :smile:
Original post by Emma:-)
Check your contract. That should say how much notice to give. If you dont have a contract, then technically you dont need to give any, but to keep things on good terms (especially if you want to use then for a reference later on etc) then speak to a manager, supervisor or even another employee (depending on who you feel comfortable asking) how much notice you would have to give.

That's quite wrong.

Everybody who is employed has a contract of employment. Whether it's written or otherwise.
Original post by Dopamine Dreams
That's quite wrong.

Everybody who is employed has a contract of employment. Whether it's written or otherwise.

Everyone is MEANT to have a contract yes. But it doesnt always work like that.
For example at the nursery i work at, i dont have a contract.
Everyone is MEANT to have a contract yes. But it doesnt always work like that.
For example at the nursery i work at, i dont have a contract.

You do have a contract of employment, it's just not in writing :wink:
You do have a contract of employment, it's just not in writing :wink:

Erm... no i dont. I dont have anything- verbal or otherwise.
Erm... no i dont. I dont have anything- verbal or otherwise.

You have an implied contract of employment :wink:

You have equal employment rights to those who have one in writing, I can assure you of that.

I have a Masters degree in Employment Law.
Reply 10
she doesn't have an implied contract, she has an actual (if unwritten) contract. which may contain some implied terms.
You have an implied contract of employment :wink:

You have equal employment rights to those who have one in writing, I can assure you of that.

I have a Masters degree in Employment Law.

What do you know about my situation- nothing.
And hardly anyone at my place has a contract. Even permanent staff like me. Our manager tries to cut corners etc.
What do you know about my situation- nothing.
And hardly anyone at my place has a contract. Even permanent staff like me. Our manager tries to cut corners etc.

You do. You just don't realise it.

But what do I know... I only dedicate my entire life to Employment Law issues!
You do. You just don't realise it.

But what do I know... I only dedicate my entire life to Employment Law issues!

Whatever you say
Reply 14
emma, you have a contract

https://www.gov.uk/employment-contracts-and-conditions/overview

you also, if you have been there more than a couple of months, have a right to a written statement of the main terms of it
Whatever you say

Not being a dick, just informing you that you do have a contract, whether you realise it or not. Feel free to read up on it...

http://www.nidirect.gov.uk/contracts-of-employment-an-introduction

Q. What should you do if you don't have a contract of employment?

A. If you're an employee, you automatically have a contract of employment as soon as you accept a job offer. What you may not have is a 'written statement of employment particulars' that sets out your terms of employment.
Original post by StretfordEnd

This is literally a website where people ask for help, instead of berating them just don’t reply they just wanted help
Original post by Amythom304
This is literally a website where people ask for help, instead of berating them just don’t reply they just wanted help

As it has been circa 9 years, id say the OP has gotten over the vitriolic responses and hopefully at the end of their notice period.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending