The Student Room Group

A2 psychology OCR G543 revision thread 2014

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Lauren___e
I don't think so, Gudjonsson and MacKeith were only documenting it, probably after he had been released so they didn't do anything ethically wrong! You could claim that the interrogation was ethically wrong but that would be more to do with Inbau.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Ohh okay, thanks. :smile:
We were told when doing a counter argument you have to counter what you said... So for example you would say however it ignores individual difference as some of the 99 kent police officers recruited for mans study might naturally be better at detecting lies??? Abit naff but there you go 😂
Reply 802
Original post by Lauren___e
I think we can only use the 3 in the sub-topic

Posted from TSR Mobile

Ahh okay, thanks!
You know for comparing questions, is it okay for the main point to use the two studies we are comparing and then for the critique use the other study which is different?
Reply 804
Anyone know how to evaluate theories in terms of validity and reliability?

Also in a 15m is it ok to use two out of the 3 studies as examples for 3 evaluative points?
Could someone help me out please.....how do you conclude at the end of each paragraph once you've counter-argued?
Original post by wolalala
Could someone help me out please.....how do you conclude at the end of each paragraph once you've counter-argued?

are you talking about in the part A or part B questions?
Am i the only one who has decided to ignore all of canters studies for tomorrow?
Original post by moment of truth
You know for comparing questions, is it okay for the main point to use the two studies we are comparing and then for the critique use the other study which is different?

do you mean for example:

Cognitive and behavioral treatments for managing stress both treat the individual compared to the social means of managing stress which treats the situation.

If you are referring to an answer similar to that then that is fine, as you are comparing different methods
Original post by emmalousie6
do you mean for example:

Cognitive and behavioral treatments for managing stress both treat the individual compared to the social means of managing stress which treats the situation.

If you are referring to an answer similar to that then that is fine, as you are comparing different methods

Nah, I mean that say you are doing a similarity and you compare the cognitive with behavioural (for example) then you give your research etc and then as a critique you say however the biological approach says....

This only works if you use the PERC/PEEC structure.
Am i the only one who has decided to ignore all of canters studies for tomorrow?

I haven't really looked at them either...
are you talking about in the part A or part B questions?

part b :smile:
Anyone have any evaluation points for treatment programmes in after a guilty verdict please?
Nah, I mean that say you are doing a similarity and you compare the cognitive with behavioural (for example) then you give your research etc and then as a critique you say however the biological approach says....

This only works if you use the PERC/PEEC structure.

i would say that is fine as you are showing your understanding of different approaches and their strengths and weaknesses. just ensure that you use some of the wording in the question in your answer, to show that you are answering the question.

such a pain all of this!
i would say that is fine as you are showing your understanding of different approaches and their strengths and weaknesses. just ensure that you use some of the wording in the question in your answer, to show that you are answering the question.

such a pain all of this!

Yeah, that is what I thought :smile: Thank you :smile:
Reply 815
If you don't have a counterargument what do you do instead??

hahaaaa im glad to see other people have! Im ignoring them too!!! They've come up loads and they all suck!!
I haven't really looked at them either...

as long as we know the other studies well enough, it doesnt really matter anyway!

they just make no sense to me at all! :confused:
Original post by Rocket Queen
I wouldn't ignore it if you have the time! It's a bit of a gamble. They've done it a few times. Diagnosis came up three times in a row once! (Jan 12, June 12, Jan 13).

They know us students like to use process of elimination to make our revision easier, so they fool us. :frown: Hoping that because we haven't had a January exam this year that they'll be kinder to us.

Thanks! Yeah I know, they shouldn't be too hard on us since we haven't had January. this paper is ridiculous in terms of content

Posted from TSR Mobile
as long as we know the other studies well enough, it doesnt really matter anyway!

they just make no sense to me at all! :confused:

I am just gonna make sure I know the difference between bottom up and top down in detail just in case they give a question and it is a nice question lol. But yeah, as long as you are confident with the other studies, it is okay :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending