The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
consider yourself lucky! lol, at my new college we have to comply to a strict dress code. :mad: I think that's so unfair, since we already had like 5 years of school uniform?? And the rules are very strict - For girls: no heels, skirt has to be below knee, no jewellery (apart from maybe small studs / thin necklace), coat must be dark colour, suit must be a dark colour, no bare shoulders (?), no pinstripes or patterns on suit. Besides that... we still have compulsory sport! So we have to buy a specific PE kit for each sport as well.
Reply 2
Black and White generally we are aloud white/black tops with slogans on and any kind of black trousers/jeans, and shorts in the summer months.

So as long as the majority of the uniform is black and white it's cool (but no white trousers tho hehe)

most other schools in my area have a specific uniform which one is bright green and another is bright red so i think my school is pretty good in comparison and the local college has no uniform obviously...
Reply 3
As far as i know the sixth form i'm going to doesn't require you to wear a uniform. However some of my friends who have gone onto a different sixth form have to wear a hideous blue uniform....imagine it in the summer....
Reply 4
yay no more uniform at all :smile:
nup...no uniform for me either!
Reply 6
For my 6th form:

Boys: Black suit with tie (normal business dress)

Girls: Black skirt/trousers, jacket and an appropriate (non-revealing) top.
Reply 7
Nope none at all, this will be my first school year of having no uniform :smile:
My sixth form doesn't have a uniform and doesn't really have a dress code either. We're allowed to wear pretty much whatever we want. Technically boys aren't allowed to wear shorts (which I think is really unfair since we can wear skirts) but loads of them do anyway and no one seems to care. The only thing they are quite strict on is hairstyles; a boy in Year 12 nearly got kicked out a while ago because he had a pink bit of hair sticking up.
Reply 9
We apparently do have something called a dress code, but I haven't seen anyone following it :p: The only thing they're hot on is no blue jeans.
Reply 10
Dress code in sixth form just wouldn't feel right. College is supposed to be the time where you become a tax dodging scruffy student who drags themselves to school at 10 every morning because you had a free period :biggrin:
we had to wear uniform which they were strict on we were not even allowed to wear city shorts, but its ok for the year 9s to wear little mini skirts!! its stupid!!
Morgan141
Nope none at all, this will be my first school year of having no uniform :smile:

Same, and I'm so happy :biggrin:
Excalibur
We apparently do have something called a dress code, but I haven't seen anyone following it :p: The only thing they're hot on is no blue jeans

:eek: I'd last about a minute at your school then, blue jeans have pretty much been my uniform for the past 2 years :p:
no uniform. BUT, there were rules>
1. no jeans, trainers
2. no revealing stuff for girlz..ahem
3. proper shirts for guyz,....thus no t shirts for girls or guyz

well simply...they sed that we didn't have uniform...but it kinda sounds like we did in the end.
Reply 15
Can i ask what you wear if you don't wear jeans? I don't think I own a pair of pants that aren't short or jeans.
well,i just wore formal trousers , + they were actually pretty comfy. i am sure just a pair of black trouser would be sufficient.
Reply 17
god, you seem to have such strict rules and we moaned about ours! our only rules were:
-no exposed stomachs for girls
-no flipflops (although the teachers wore them...)
-no sport shorts for boys
-no ripped jeans

however you got away with breaking these rules quite a lot...
Reply 18
No official uniform in the sense that it does not semble 'school' uniform. However, there are rules which are expected to follow, namely whether a particular piece of clothing is suitable for a working environment or not. I don't think we are allowed to wear shorts either - there was a big debate about this.
For us:

Girls anything, not too revealing.

Boys, office cloths, a tie is a must. :frown:

Latest