The Student Room Group

Is school sixth form or sixth form colleges free for international students

Planning on moving to UK I want to know if sixth forms are free for international students ( I'm 17)
Reply 1
Generally yes… however at 17 you are technically half way through what we would class as sixth form so you may struggle to find a school that will take you! You also won’t have been in uk 3 years by the time it comes to going to uni if you choose to go to uni at 18 meaning you will have to pay international fees!
A friend of mine who came from Germany found the only schools that would take them with their international qualifications were private schools so they had to pay for sixth form.
Reply 2
Okay thanks so much
Original post by ALEreapp
Generally yes… however at 17 you are technically half way through what we would class as sixth form so you may struggle to find a school that will take you! You also won’t have been in uk 3 years by the time it comes to going to uni if you choose to go to uni at 18 meaning you will have to pay international fees!
A friend of mine who came from Germany found the only schools that would take them with their international qualifications were private schools so they had to pay for sixth form.

That depends on what month you’re born in. If you’re born in September-December then you wouldn’t technically always be halfway through sixth form, you could be in the beginning of year 12 (assuming that you didn’t start school early of skip ahead a year).
(edited 5 months ago)
Reply 4
Original post by Talkative Toad
That depends on what month you’re born in. If you’re born in September-December then you wouldn’t technically be halfway through sixth form, you could be in the beginning of year 12 (assuming that you didn’t start school early of skip ahead a year).

We don’t really have enough info but if he was born November/ December he could also be in year 13 rn so it depends if he’s just turned 17 or almost 18
We don’t really have enough info but if he was born November/ December he could also be in year 13 rn so it depends if he’s just turned 17 or almost 18

Yeah that’s true as well
Reply 6
I am also an international student wanting to come to the Uk but I’m 16 is sixth form free for me? Including fees for uniforms e.tc?
Reply 7

I am also an international student wanting to come for sixth form I’m 16 is it also free for me? Including uniform fees e.t.c
Reply 8
Original post by Aliee_11
I am also an international student wanting to come to the Uk but I’m 16 is sixth form free for me? Including fees for uniforms e.tc?

Some sixth forms don’t have uniforms but those that do, no it’s not free you have to buy those yourself. Again it will vastly depend on your qualifications, many state sixth forms likely won’t take them so you’ll have to pay for private education

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending