The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Trying to drill antibiotics + mode of action into my brain. Fun times.
Original post by Vitamin D
Pretty bummed out today :frown: Got 62% on the chemistry test I talked about last week, and they said if you got any less than 68% you need to go to compulsory revision tutorials. I actually walked out thinking it had gone pretty well, so I was surprised at that. In the email I got with my score they also said that the class average was 80% so I'm feeling sorry for myself today. Argh.

That is so harsh, 62% is a damned good mark at uni.
Original post by jelly1000
sadly not, barely in touch with my old housemates now and I hardly know anyone else here :frown:

aw that sucks. are there any societies that hold parties that you can turn up to?
So tired atm :yawn:
Original post by paniking_and_not_revising
aw that sucks. are there any societies that hold parties that you can turn up to?

There is one society event going on on Halloween, though its not a Halloween party, but I always especially enjoyed myself with my old housemates- its missing out on fun with them rather than not having any old party/event to go to that makes me sad.
Original post by lilGem
:five:

best day to be born :cool: unfortunately my cousins are due tomorrow too via c section (not so happy about)

hows your day at uni tomorrow? :smile:

I don't really go to lectures so it's fine :smile:
Yours?
Original post by DavidYorkshireFTW
Yours?

ah fair enough

9-10 genetics

12-1 human physiology

3-4 human physiology seminar

so a long day :redface:
so much reading to dooooo :banghead:
Happy birthday (tomorrow) to the two people that have mentioned its their birthdays!!

I've been so busy! (Except for my day off work on Saturday where I had a day of relaxation and games... :P).
I'm going to my first society event by myself tomorrow! It's a quiz for the gaming soc! On the FB event page the host wrote that it's fine if you don't have a team and they will team you up there - I hope so because I don't really have any friends going!!
So nervous for tomorrow :afraid:
Hot water was fixed on Friday :woo:

However I am stuck under tonnes of work and I have midterms next week :afraid:

Plus I have somehow kinda got back into a relationship :lol:

Hope everyone is alright and working hard! :h:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Feeling better after time in the pub! And booked myself a little treat.
Uni is so hectic this year :/ I don't know if it's just harder/more to know, or if it's because I'm working as well, but I'm finding it difficult to keep up. No point complaining, though, just gonna get my head down this week and use it as a catch-up week (then get very drunk on Saturday after work as a reward :rofl:).

Bit worried about my dissertation (basically done **** all and I've been back at uni a month, whoops...) but I'll try get things up and running from next week on. The first question was released for my Chaucer module today so I need to start working on that asap, and I have a presentation to do for next week for my language module. ****ting myself, but at least our idea (done in pairs) has got her approval!

Not sure there's much else to update the thread on, tbh. Relationship is going well, but I'm still a bit anxious/nervous about a few things, I guess it'll just take a bit of time before I'm completely over things which my ex did. Luckily my bf is actually really considerate and loving (he's even covering my shift in work tomorrow so I can get some more uni work done/more sleep :suith:), so I think I'll come out of it soon. I'm already a lot more comfortable with eating around him than my ex (long story short, I developed a very bad relationship with food when my ex was around because he's always fat-shame me and make me feel like I was doing something wrong by eating... anything (despite me being a size 8/10 so it wasn't as if I needed to watch my weight) :lol:).

I hope all you guys are doing well, and happy birthday to the birthday pair! Hope your days were wonderful :smile:

xxxxxx

Original post by lilGem

Happy birthday you two :h: :party2:

edit: cant believe I wrote it as too instead of two...
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by jelly1000
That is so harsh, 62% is a damned good mark at uni.

I think they're being harsh with it because they need to see what standard people are at so we can get help. But yeah, no idea where they pulled the minimum of 68% from.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by lilGem

Happy birthday guys! Hope you're having a great day!! :smile:
Yours?

happy birthday :smile:
Original post by MathsNerd1
Happy birthday guys! Hope you're having a great day!! :smile:

Original post by MyName??!
Happy birthday you two :h: :party2:

edit: cant believe I wrote it as too instead of two...

thank you :h:
Original post by lilGem

Happy birthday 🎉🎂

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by mahad1912

Happy birthday

Posted from TSR Mobile

thank you :h:

Latest

Trending

Trending