The Student Room Group
I guess some guys just don't like the idea of a committed relationship... :eviltongue:
Original post by MyName??!
I guess some guys just don't like the idea of a committed relationship... :eviltongue:

:hugs: feel free to PM or Skype if you wanna rant

Posted from TSR Mobile
Does anyone else write their own textbook for the harder modules? I feel like it's the only way to truly understand all those proofs.
Thank you for the birthday wishes!

Need to start working soon, it's a month in and I haven't even gone over one lecture :eek:
Original post by SecretDuck
Does anyone else write their own textbook for the harder modules? I feel like it's the only way to truly understand all those proofs.

I tend to make my own notes and turn them into massive outlines. I guess they're kind of like textbooks. But I do it for most my modules, regardless of how hard/easy they are.

Original post by DavidYorkshireFTW
Thank you for the birthday wishes!

Need to start working soon, it's a month in and I haven't even gone over one lecture :eek:

Happy Birthday! (Sorry for being late :frown: )
Original post by MyName??!

*hugs*
went for a birthday meal in town today...I got back from the SU at 2.30 fell asleep by 4 :colondollar:

aim is to get to uni early tomorrow before my lecture, also have a 5 hour gap too so that will be spent in the library!

submitted my first piece of assessed coursework :eek: next two are due next Thursday each being 2000 words and I'm panicking slightly :cry2:
Original post by shorttstuff
:hugs: feel free to PM or Skype if you wanna rant

Posted from TSR Mobile

Original post by jelly1000
*hugs*

:hugs:

Original post by lilGem
went for a birthday meal in town today...I got back from the SU at 2.30 fell asleep by 4 :colondollar:

aim is to get to uni early tomorrow before my lecture, also have a 5 hour gap too so that will be spent in the library!

submitted my first piece of assessed coursework :eek: next two are due next Thursday each being 2000 words and I'm panicking slightly :cry2:

Hope you had a lovely time :h:

And You can do it! :dumbells: :wink:

------------

Finished quite a lot of reading today but feel as if nothing's parked in my head, since that's elsewhere...
Guys I am new to courseworks. I have never did a coursework in my life. Can you please provide me some samples or resources to make me understand how a coursework should be ?
Original post by paniking_and_not_revising
I tend to make my own notes and turn them into massive outlines. I guess they're kind of like textbooks. But I do it for most my modules, regardless of how hard/easy they are.

Happy Birthday! (Sorry for being late :frown: )

I write notes for all of my modules but for the hardest one, I rewrite everything and turn difficult Maths notation to everyday English. I even have my own made up exercises there as well as the class problem sets.
I write notes for all of my modules but for the hardest one, I rewrite everything and turn difficult Maths notation to everyday English. I even have my own made up exercises there as well as the class problem sets.

You're degree sounds so much harder than mine lol.

Sounds pretty standard though. I know some chemistry students who do stuff like that for their more difficult topics. Anything that helps you understand the material is good though.

We just read through everything we can again and again and just hope it sticks. We just have lots of pointless information to remember. Not too hard to understand tbh

Posted from TSR Mobile
You're degree sounds so much harder than mine lol.

Sounds pretty standard though. I know some chemistry students who do stuff like that for their more difficult topics. Anything that helps you understand the material is good though.

We just read through everything we can again and again and just hope it sticks. We just have lots of pointless information to remember. Not too hard to understand tbh

Posted from TSR Mobile

It's just that one module where I rewrite everything so I can understand it.

With the others, I can get a 2.1 or a first by just studying the notes, the textbook chapter and doing the problem sets. Mainly because everything in the lecture notes and textbook is in plain English and easy to understand.
Gosh I have no solid idea for my dissertation. 300word proposal due tomorrow. I know the poet I'm focusing on but that's it :frown:
In the library ready to crack on with reading on regulatory theories for my essay. Would help if there were more sources on it.
It's just that one module where I rewrite everything so I can understand it.

With the others, I can get a 2.1 or a first by just studying the notes, the textbook chapter and doing the problem sets. Mainly because everything in the lecture notes and textbook is in plain English and easy to understand.

You can get a first just by doing that? I'm so on the wrong degree haha

I wish law was in plain English. Judges go on about how the law should have clarity then they write forty pages explaining the reasoning for their judgment and then you get to the end and the judges are like 'just kidding, I just felt sorry for the claimant' and I'm like :angry:

Original post by venuswaltz
Gosh I have no solid idea for my dissertation. 300word proposal due tomorrow. I know the poet I'm focusing on but that's it :frown:

What ideas do you have? My friend had a problem like this for her dissertation so she went over her past modules and looked up obscure articles which discussed topics of conflict and debate.

I'm so glad I'm not doing a dissertation though. I wouldn't start it until the night before haha!
You can get a first just by doing that? I'm so on the wrong degree haha

I wish law was in plain English. Judges go on about how the law should have clarity then they write forty pages explaining the reasoning for their judgment and then you get to the end and the judges are like 'just kidding, I just felt sorry for the claimant' and I'm like :angry:

Yep - for 3 out of 4 of my modules for this semester, you can :smile: In general, year 3 modules are much easier than in previous years as you have to do less background reading.

And I wish maths proofs were in plain English. The textbooks give you all this complex notation, which is fine for mathematicians but not for economists. Though my explanations of the problem sets are much more detailed than my lecturer's, as I explain every single tiny step.
(edited 9 years ago)
Does anyone have any advice on preparing for exams which are worth 100% of your first year marks. For my biology and neuroscience modules I'm not really sure how to go about further reading for these as the lectures are usually explained quite well to the point where I understand everything mentioned and when I look at the recommended reading there's usually nothing new. Whereas for psychology when we'll do essays in the summer I'm not sure what to do... Like I obviously read about the theories to ensure I understand them but I don't know how many studies I should be trying to memorise for use in my essays?

Thank youuuu
Found out that I was chosen over 90 other people to be awarded my masters scholarship, feels so good! :banana:
Original post by Antifazian
Found out that I was chosen over 90 other people to be awarded my masters scholarship, feels so good! :banana:

Yay! :woo: Well done :biggrin:
Original post by Antifazian

oooh!

Congrats! :biggrin:

Latest

Trending

Trending