The Student Room Group

100 year old mandir destroyed in Karachi, Pakistan

http://indiatoday.intoday.in/story/100-year-old-temple-demolished-in-pakistan-angry-hindus-asks-govt-to-arrange-tickets-to-india/1/235776.html

Recurring story with Hinduism. Mandirs are destroyed all over Asia and IT JUST SO HAPPENS to happen in Muslim majority countries.

I can only imagine the death of India if it became a Muslim majority nation. How sad.

What happened when the Babri Masjid was destroyed in India? Carnage. What has happened here? Nothing. Not only do Hindus have no voice in their country, they've been slowly converted off or driven out the neighbouring country.

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 10 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
I don't agree with this at all but isn't this old news?
Reply 2
Original post by Ankabout

Yes, around a year old. But transgressions against Hindus have never been posted. I thought I'd give it a post and see how people think/feel.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 3
Here is an extract from Mohammed Ali Jinnah's speech in August 1947:

"You are free; you are free to go to your temples, you are free to go to your mosques or to any other place or worship in this state of Pakistan. You may belong to any religion or caste or creed that has nothing to do with the business of the state."

And now, stuff like this is going on.

Sad times for Pakistan.
Reply 4
Original post by Ggmu!
http://indiatoday.intoday.in/story/100-year-old-temple-demolished-in-pakistan-angry-hindus-asks-govt-to-arrange-tickets-to-india/1/235776.html

Recurring story with Hinduism. Mandirs are destroyed all over Asia and IT JUST SO HAPPENS to happen in Muslim majority countries.

I can only imagine the death of India if it became a Muslim majority nation. How sad.

What happened when the Babri Masjid was destroyed in India? Carnage. What has happened here? Nothing. Not only do Hindus have no voice in their country, they've been slowly converted off or driven out the neighbouring country.

Posted from TSR Mobile

They are out to destroy all religions and shout Allah Akbar
[video="youtube;xYYBlPWYb7Y"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xYYBlPWYb7Y[/video]

they are against all religions because their intolerant.
Reply 5
Original post by Ggmu!

Posted from TSR Mobile

The bamyam budhas in afgahnistan were exploded by the taliban, they will do it to all religions http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:biggrin:estruction_of_Buddhas_March_21_2001.jpg
Reply 6

If your bias overrides what has factually happened, I question your judgement on right and wrong.
Reply 7
Sad news. Jinnah would be so disappointed in us.
Reply 8
Original post by Noor90

"You are free; you are free to go to your temples, you are free to go to your mosques or to any other place or worship in this state of Pakistan. You may belong to any religion or caste or creed that has nothing to do with the business of the state."

Sad times for Pakistan.

Isn't this bound to happen in ANY country with a Muslim majority?

I think Indonesia may be the only Muslim majority country with no such issues.

Very sad times.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 9
This rings a bell, the taliban used dynamo to destroy the historic Banyam buddha status in 2001 in Afghanisatn.
Reply 10
Original post by Sambeck3
If your bias overrides what has factually happened, I question your judgement on right and wrong.

Eh? I'm not denying it happened.
What happend is disgusting but it's right to keep calm and not retailiate by getting other innocent people. It's hatred like this that divides people and that's what the extremists want, don't let the win by causing division in the name of religion, because if you really are religious then you know these criminals have got karma to deal with, not mindlessness.
Reply 12
Eh? I'm not denying it happened.

What part don't you agree with in your first comment, it wasn't clear.
Reply 13
Original post by Sambeck3
What part don't you agree with in your first comment, it wasn't clear.

I don't agree with the destruction of the temple obviously.
Reply 14
Original post by Ggmu!

Very sad times.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I wouldn't know.

Under Islamic law, however, 'dhimmis' do get protected status from the state. Dhimmis have traditionally been Christians and Jews, but I don't know whether Hindus would qualify, seeing as they are Polytheists.
Reply 15
Original post by Ggmu!

Very sad times.

Posted from TSR Mobile

No even Indonesia has issues like this

so yes you are right this happens in every Muslim majority country
Reply 16
Original post by Blueray2
What happend is disgusting but it's right to keep calm and not retailiate by getting other innocent people. It's hatred like this that divides people and that's what the extremists want, don't let the win by causing division in the name of religion, because if you really are religious then you know these criminals have got karma to deal with, not mindlessness.

so don't blame the perpetrators or those who identify with them as it may cause hatred:rolleyes:
Reply 17
Original post by Noor90

Sad times for Pakistan.

I have always liked that speech.

Pakistan means 'Land of the Pure' but sadly it doesn't live upto its name.
Reply 18
Original post by Noor90
I wouldn't know.

Under Islamic law, however, 'dhimmis' do get protected status from the state. Dhimmis have traditionally been Christians and Jews, but I don't know whether Hindus would qualify, seeing as they are Polytheists.

I thought Dhimmi meant non-Muslim citizens of an Islamic state.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dhimmi
revenge for the babri masjid?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending