The Student Room Group

proof of long residency in the UK for student finance

Hi I have lived in the UK since I was a baby after being born in Pakistan and brought over to the UK with my parents. Now, I am 18 and applying for my student finance and currently hold dual nationality as a British citizen as well as a Pakistani citizenship. However, student finance has asked for proof of long residency dating from 2014 till now, as a minor during the residency period I am unable to provide any work/bill documentations to prove this I would like to know if my parents documentation will be applicable to prove my residency with them as the only applicable proof for me appears to be through my school/college. Letters from my school have been declined multiple times, please advise me on what evidence I can provide as a student with no history of work or payments made for any bills etc since the year 2014 for my long residency in the UK in order for my student finance to be approved.
Original post by faheemakhanom
Hi I have lived in the UK since I was a baby after being born in Pakistan and brought over to the UK with my parents. Now, I am 18 and applying for my student finance and currently hold dual nationality as a British citizen as well as a Pakistani citizenship. However, student finance has asked for proof of long residency dating from 2014 till now, as a minor during the residency period I am unable to provide any work/bill documentations to prove this I would like to know if my parents documentation will be applicable to prove my residency with them as the only applicable proof for me appears to be through my school/college. Letters from my school have been declined multiple times, please advise me on what evidence I can provide as a student with no history of work or payments made for any bills etc since the year 2014 for my long residency in the UK in order for my student finance to be approved.

Hi there,

Do you expect to get Indefinite Leave to Remain at any point in the near future?

Thanks, Graeme
Reply 2
Hi I already have indefinite leave to remain in the UK. This is what's confusing me even more.
Original post by faheemakhanom
Hi I already have indefinite leave to remain in the UK. This is what's confusing me even more.

Hi there,

It would be best to start a live chat on your account or call us so that an adviser can look into this for you.

https://logon.slc.co.uk/cas/login

0300 100 0607

Thanks, Clare
Reply 4
Would it be possible for me to send a request for a home office Check as I have no other evidence to submit for proof of long residency?
Hi there, So we can look into this further please contact us direct, you can do this via live chat on your account or call us so that an adviser can look into this for you.

https://logon.slc.co.uk/cas/login

0300 100 0607

Thanks, Angela

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending