The Student Room Group

University of Manchester requirements for Dentistry

Posted from TSR Mobile

I got 10 GCSE'S but only 5 A's in my GCSE and currently doing my AS levels at college and interested to do Dentistry at university.
The question is, the requirements for dentistry at Manchester University is 6 A's at GCSE and 3 A's at A level; however ive only got 5 A's at GCSE so do i still have the chance to get into Manchester University and apply for Dentistry if i get 3 A's at A level but only have 5 A's at GCSE.
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 1
If you don't meet the academic requirements listed, they will most likely (actually definitely) reject you straight away without interview. Meeting the academic requirement (GCSE, Predicted grades) is usually their first stage of selection. I suggest looking at the selection policy for each dental school (some emphasizes a lot on gd GCSEs, gd UKCAT, some ranks by quality of ps) and their curriculum before picking your 4 choices :smile:
Original post by koyyj127
If you don't meet the academic requirements listed, they will most likely (actually definitely) reject you straight away without interview. Meeting the academic requirement (GCSE, Predicted grades) is usually their first stage of selection. I suggest looking at the selection policy for each dental school (some emphasizes a lot on gd GCSEs, gd UKCAT, some ranks by quality of ps) and their curriculum before picking your 4 choices :smile:

So does this mean, because i got 5 A grades and not 6 i will not be able to get a place at Manchester University for Dentistry even if i meet every other requirement such as the A level grades, work experience and UKCAT?
Original post by hamzakhairkhwah
So does this mean, because i got 5 A grades and not 6 i will not be able to get a place at Manchester University for Dentistry even if i meet every other requirement such as the A level grades, work experience and UKCAT?

Even if you exceed every other requirement*

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 4
Original post by hamzakhairkhwah

Yes, you must only apply to unis which you have met all the basic requirements stated on their site/prospectus (A-level predictions, GCSEs, work exp requirement, UKCAT (the cut off fluctuates every year though)), if you don't meet one of the stated requirements and you still apply to that dental school, you will just be wasting one of your choices. Unless you have extenuating circumstances during your GCSEs, then you can email the unis on whether they will accept your reasons or not.
Original post by koyyj127
Yes, you must only apply to unis which you have met all the basic requirements stated on their site/prospectus (A-level predictions, GCSEs, work exp requirement, UKCAT (the cut off fluctuates every year though)), if you don't meet one of the stated requirements and you still apply to that dental school, you will just be wasting one of your choices. Unless you have extenuating circumstances during your GCSEs, then you can email the unis on whether they will accept your reasons or not.

Alright great. Thanks for the help, much appreciated.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by HelpTheInnocent
Even if you exceed every other requirement*

Posted from TSR Mobile

Posted from TSR Mobile

I dont get what your saying....? What

Quick Reply

Latest