The Student Room Group

Resitting + Dentistry - Feasibility & Advice?

Hi All,

I did Psych, Bio and Chem and achieved : A*,A,B respectively. I intend to resit chemistry and hope to achieve an A/A*

In terms of applying to dentistry, I'm essentially a grade off with the chemistry. Which universities would I have most luck with applying as a resit student?

I had a look at things like the Partner's Programme at Newcastle but have been struggling to see whether I'd be eligible as someone who has completed their a-levels. As a "disadvantaged" student (eligible postcode, parents haven't attended university, BAME student) are there any other programmes I qualify for?

I think this is an important thing to note: This would be my first time applying to university, I didn't apply in Yr 13. Would that affect my chances in anyway or discredit my seriousness for the course as a candidate?

I have done some work experience at a dental practice, and will be working as a gap year tutor which I will include in my personal statement, and am looking to secure more work experience in my gap year. Are there any key things I should include in my personal statement?

I appreciate your response :smile:
(edited 7 months ago)
Original post by ame542476
Hi All,

I did Psych, Bio and Chem and achieved : A*,A,B respectively. I intend to resit chemistry and hope to achieve an A/A*

In terms of applying to dentistry, I'm essentially a grade off with the chemistry. Which universities would I have most luck with applying as a resit student?

I had a look at things like the Partner's Programme at Newcastle but have been struggling to see whether I'd be eligible as someone who has completed their a-levels. As a "disadvantaged" student (eligible postcode, parents haven't attended university, BAME student) are there any other programmes I qualify for?

I think this is an important thing to note: This would be my first time applying to university, I didn't apply in Yr 13. Would that affect my chances in anyway or discredit my seriousness for the course as a candidate?

I have done some work experience at a dental practice, and will be working as a gap year tutor which I will include in my personal statement, and am looking to secure more work experience in my gap year. Are there any key things I should include in my personal statement?

Looked at: https://www.dentalschoolscouncil.ac.uk/wp-content/uploads/2021/07/Dental-school-entry-requirements-2022.pdf
All of them had minimum AAA…
Looked at : https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/university/courses/dentistry/dentistry-entry-requirements
It states whether they accept resits as well
So Bristol, Leeds, Manchester, Plymouth
These have resits, and you meet the conditions for the resit.
(edited 7 months ago)
Original post by ame542476
Hi All,

Hi @ame542476

Applicants are eligible for the PARTNERS programme if they have previously completed their A Level's.

As you have indicated that you are resitting one of your A Levels, we would advise that you get in touch with us directly so that we can advise you further. You can contact us by calling 0191 208 3333 and pressing option 1, using the Live Chat service on our website, or using our Enquiries Form.

Hope this helps :smile:

Elliott

Quick Reply

Latest