The Student Room Group

Rubbish badges

Scroll to see replies

Original post by scriggy
x

Manchester United and City are the same, both got similar shape crests, a ship on it and three stripes representing the three rivers that run through Manchester. United have the devil on theirs now but the old ones were very, very similar.

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_81pBQGJkLUg/S5995P0IvdI/AAAAAAAAAO4/aE5VdTyI_Q8/s400/[email protected]

http://farm5.staticflickr.com/4022/4690552473_0bfe3e15c8.jpg
Original post by sr90
Oldham. Would be more suitable for Hogwarts than a founder member of the Premier League.

Spoiler

Bari. Twinned with Nandos?

Spoiler

Newell's Old Boys. Nothing to be said.

Spoiler

Hereford. That poor cow looks upset, or grumpy.

Spoiler

Barnsley. I know they don't have an illustrious history, but a cartoon bulldog? Come on.

Spoiler

Great examples, was just about to mention Bari one.

Lol at NOB
Reply 22
The Fulham one is so ****...
Original post by ninuzu
The Fulham one is so ****...

:biggrin:

Fulham :biggrin:

Michael Jackson statue :biggrin:

A neutral section :biggrin:

Fulham's more hardcore fans are known to congregate at the back of the Hammersmith end, the traditional home end of Fulham fans, in blocks H4 H5 and H6.

The idea of someone from Fulham being 'hardcore' :biggrin:

Never winning a trophy :biggrin:
Reply 24
Original post by Wilfred Little
:biggrin:

Fulham :biggrin:

Michael Jackson statue :biggrin:

A neutral section :biggrin:

The idea of someone from Fulham being 'hardcore' :biggrin:

Never winning a trophy :biggrin:

Haha; all so true! Out of all the clubs a neutral would go to see, why would they pick Fulham? :rofl:
"Hardcore" Fulham fans :') :lol: :toofunny:
Reply 25
Gateshead-FC-Badge.jpg

As if the Angel of the North plays football...

Original post by sr90

Hereford. That poor cow looks upset, or grumpy.

Spoiler

It's a bull, not a cow (a Polled Hereford Bull to be exact) and of course it looks grumpy. All bulls are.
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 26
Airbus UK.

I'm sorry but an airplane just doesn't look right on a club crest.

Airbus_UK_Broughton_FC-logo-1A686E6BAC-seeklogo.gif
Reply 27
Original post by scriggy

Total rip-off of NUFC's. The Lion's look visibly pained as well.

Spoiler

How is it a rip off? Do you know what the lions represent?

The reason why they're so similar is they are based on each city's respective coat of arms. So naturally there's going to be some similarity. It doesn't make it a rip off, though, especially as Sunderland use lions and Newcastle sea horses
Reply 28
The Koln badge would be ok...if it didn't have a goat humping it:

Fc_cologne.png

The Killie badge has a couple of weird looking squirrels on it:

kilmarnock_fc.png

Considering some of the new ones coming out now (your cartoon corporate one, Man U's minus the 'football club', Everton's current monstrosity and Man City's with the infamous three stars that commemorate no actual achievement*) we could do a lot worse than our current one. Still has 'FC' on it and is just an updated version of an old (1923) crest anyway.

*Seriously. They were included to give the crest a more 'continental' feel.

A City fan once told me a whole story about what the three stars on the badge mean, apparently there is some actual significance to them and it's something geographical I think. Like each one symbolises something seperate rather than three of one thing. Unfortunately I was drunk at the time and it was a while ago so I don't remember it! :redface:
Original post by IanDangerously
A City fan once told me a whole story about what the three stars on the badge mean, apparently there is some actual significance to them and it's something geographical I think. Like each one symbolises something seperate rather than three of one thing. Unfortunately I was drunk at the time and it was a while ago so I don't remember it! :redface:

Three rivers that flow through Manchester by any chance?

If it was that, you should tell him he's talking out of his arse. That's what the three stripes on the crest are for.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Star_(football_badge)#Stars_that_do_not_signify_particular_titles

Manchester City, the football club, openly admit they did it to copy the European teams. It's on their club website mate.

Hamburger SV:

Not a bad badge, but the old one was much better:

A moose? Really?
Three rivers that flow through Manchester by any chance?

If it was that, you should tell him he's talking out of his arse. That's what the three stripes on the crest are for.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Star_(football_badge)#Stars_that_do_not_signify_particular_titles

Manchester City, the football club, openly admit they did it to copy the European teams. It's on their club website mate.

Nah it wasn't the rivers, it was something oddly specific where each one had a separate story behind it that sounded somewhat plausible. That is quite funny though that City themselves admitted they don't mean anything!

I've heard quite a few Blues over the years blatantly retroactively apply facts about those bloody stars that weren't even true at the time the badge was introduced. Like that they represent their three home grounds (despite the fact they didn't move to their third ground until 2003) or even them representing their 3 league titles (Um ... in 2012!). Funny bunch them City fans. :redface:
Original post by IanDangerously
Nah it wasn't the rivers, it was something oddly specific where each one had a separate story behind it that sounded somewhat plausible. That is quite funny though that City themselves admitted they don't mean anything!

Can't find it mate this is the closest I can get - http://www.bluemanchester.com/wiki/Manchester_City_F.c.

I've seen it on their site, it was part of a Q&A article with fans and that was one of the Q's that got asked.

I've heard quite a few Blues over the years blatantly retroactively apply facts about those bloody stars that weren't even true at the time the badge was introduced. Like that they represent their three home grounds (despite the fact they didn't move to their third ground until 2003) or even them representing their 3 league titles (Um ... in 2012!). Funny bunch them City fans. :redface:

:biggrin::biggrin:

Quick Reply

Latest