The Student Room Group

How expensive is your phone contract?/ how much has your highest bill been?

Scroll to see replies

£21.50, I have 500MB data, 100 minutes (which I have never used all of) and unlimited texts.

It doesn't sound a lot but my contract has never been higher than £25 so I obviously don't really need more than I have :h:
£37 a month for unlimited data, 5000 texts and 500 minutes, on a Samsung Galaxy S4 on Three... prices have gone down now as i got it when it was new (i didn't even know it was a new phone haha)! i am never over charged tho :tongue:
Reply 82
3 have amazing sim-only deals

I was on 300 mins, 3000 texts and all-you-can-eat data for £10 for 12 months and then asked if I could have more as I was considering leaving and they gave me 600 mins, 6000 texts and all-you-can-eat-data for the same price.

If you're planning on having your phone for more than two years, buying the handset and then getting a sim-only deal usually works out the cheapest.
Mine was supposed to be £7.50 for 75 mins call time, 5000 texts and 5000 internet data. I kept going over on my call time though and picture messages, reverse charge and checking my voice mail were all costing me -- my highest bill was £32 + VAT

I rang up and got it moved up to the £10 a month contract instead which gives me more call time and I requested a cap on my overspend. I only got a contract phone because I thought it would be cheaper than PAYG but if you're not careful it can work out very very expensive - what seems a bargain at first isn't always as good as it seems.
£10 per month sim-only on Tesco. Get 500 mins, 5000 texts and 1GB data on iPhone 4S. I had it capped so I can't go over.
Original post by xoxAngel_Kxox
I signed up to a £32 per month contract, but then a lot of rubbish happened and I complained, so now pay £22 a month for iPhone 5S with unlimited everything.

My highest bill was on a Samsung C905 in circa 2008 because I had unlimited texts so sent THOUSANDS of texts in the first day (unlimited was something I'd never had before, so I was sending everyone stupid things, yes I was annoying, and it turned out I should have waited 24 hours for the tariff to cement or whatever. So the bill turned out to be several hundred pounds. But luckily I complained that I was never told to wait (which was true) and they wrote it off. Thank goodness.

What rubbish happened?
I'm on EE, it's supposed to be £31.50 I think, it's been around £45 before.
Original post by überambitious_ox
What rubbish happened?

They didn't cancel my old contract, sent me the wrong SIM, told me I'd be paying a different amount, charged me too much, told me direct debit was cancelled when it wasn't and I got an £8 charge from Barclay's, told me it would be refunded and it wasn't.
Reply 88
£8 Virgin Mobile
1200 min
unltd texts
1gb data

iPhone bought separately.
2,000 minutes (around that.)
Unlimited data
Unlimited texts
Iphone 5s
T moblie.
My mum pays.. And the had to pay for the phone as well.
Highest ever bill was £90.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 90
Original post by Robbie242
£0 since I've never had a phone contract :cry2:

Seriously wouldn't recommend it, the deal would have to be like £20 for the latest phone with unlimited everything before I would get another one or recommend it xD.
Original post by lou 22
Mine is supposed to be £33.60 but in the year I have had it it hasn't been this once lol I know this months will be astronomical lol. I really never want another contract xD. Also my phone is a S3 and I get 2gb internet, unlimited calls and unlimited texts.

My contract is £12.50 a month.
Its usually slightly over that though. My highest has been £14.75.
Reply 92
£75.60 for my contract bill I knew it was due to be expensive but g whizz lol.
My Contract is about £30 a month with insurance. Sony Xperia SP, unlimited calls and texts. 2gb internet.

My most expensive phone bill was about £1000. I really excelled myself.
Reply 94
Original post by lou 22
£75.60 for my contract bill I knew it was due to be expensive but g whizz lol.

£76.60?!?! How? :eek:
£36 a month, but I once had a mistake where I was charged £730 for my phone bill. Don't trust O2 :erm:
£15.50 p/m, get 250MB data, 50 mins and unlimited texts so it's not great. It's sufficient though to be honest... highest bill ever was in the high 30's
Reply 97
Original post by Precious Illusions
£76.60?!?! How? :eek:

It is supposed to be the 34 pound mark but I used nearly 2gb over on my phone which is my only internet but I am having home internet installed so Vodafone won't be getting a penny more than my usual 34-40 bill
£8 monthly, sim only on orange
300 mins
Unlimited texts
No mobile data, but idrc there's free wifi everywhere these days :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest