The Student Room Group

Has all Maths coursework been scrapped

Scroll to see replies

Original post by xjay1234
Yeah I have a year book for already but cheers!

Hopefully planet earth will get his by a GIANT asteroid by September and it will not matter :smile:

Loool, but just try your best and just come to the TSR Maths help forum if you're in any trouble.
Reply 41
Original post by yellowcopter
Seeing this thread it looks like Maths C/W is pretty helpful to boost up marks for those who aren't that great in the exams. Could even say it's easy marks. I guess that was probably why they scrapped it.

From here and here, it seems like it was mainly scrapped to deal with plagiarism. Future GCSE students have this to look forward to as well. But yes, the maths GCSE coursework I had many years ago gave away easy marks.
Original post by Dwane
From here and here, it seems like it was mainly scrapped to deal with plagiarism. Future GCSE students have this to look forward to as well. But yes, the maths GCSE coursework I had many years ago gave away easy marks.

Well it sucks that I no longer have the option of Maths coursework, but I think a Non-Calculator and Calculator paper only makes things a lot more simpler anyway and it's not like it's anything impossible. I'm also pretty glad I'll be doing my exams this year and I won't be one of the students doing the new, so called 'stricter' examination style in a few years time.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending