The Student Room Group
University of Birmingham
University of Birmingham
Birmingham

International Business/International Business with Language - come and discuss!

Anyone applying or have an offer for International Business/International Business with Language at the University of Birmingham?

I got one for IB with Japanese. Just wanted to know if there are people of similar situation~

Can anyone with experience tell me about the course and the University itself? Particularly about the student union, it is active? (social? good student spirit etc.?). Thanks and good luck to everyone applying for the University.
Reply 1
Original post by iantehstudent
Anyone applying or have an offer for International Business/International Business with Language at the University of Birmingham?

I got one for IB with Japanese. Just wanted to know if there are people of similar situation~

Can anyone with experience tell me about the course and the University itself? Particularly about the student union, it is active? (social? good student spirit etc.?). Thanks and good luck to everyone applying for the University.

Hi there, I received a conditional offer for international business today!
University of Birmingham
University of Birmingham
Birmingham
Reply 2
Original post by emelati
Hi there, I received a conditional offer for international business today!

Awesome! Are you firming it?
Reply 3
Awesome! Are you firming it?

I'm going to wait for all of my choices to respond, and then I'll see. :smile: Are you going to firm yours?
Reply 4
Original post by emelati
I'm going to wait for all of my choices to respond, and then I'll see. :smile: Are you going to firm yours?

I currently hold offers for Warwick 'Management' and my other unis (UCL, LSE, Ediburgh) haven't rejected me yet, so probably not. But International Business at Birmingham allows you to study a year abroad (in my case Japan) and it sounds extremely interesting and exciting. I don't know :frown:

Where else did you apply for, and for what courses?
Reply 5
I've got an offer from University of Birmingham to study International Business too :]! You can learn a language from beginners level right?
Reply 6
I have an offer for international business. I dont think ill firm it but im not sure if I should insure it. All my choices have the same entry requirements and Im not sure how lenient bham are. :s

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 7
Original post by 07at
I've got an offer from University of Birmingham to study International Business too :]! You can learn a language from beginners level right?

For Japanese yes. I'm not sure with other languages (I heard you learn Spanish at advanced level or something). Are you planning to firm Birmingham?
Reply 8
Original post by FG_x
I have an offer for international business. I dont think ill firm it but im not sure if I should insure it. All my choices have the same entry requirements and Im not sure how lenient bham are. :s

Posted from TSR Mobile

I also have an offer for the same course at the University of Edinburgh. But I think I'll still insure Birmingham because it offers more University choices for my particular desired country (Japan) to study abroad in. You may want to look into this aspect to consider your choices >.>
Reply 9
For Japanese yes. I'm not sure with other languages (I heard you learn Spanish at advanced level or something). Are you planning to firm Birmingham?

I'm not sure, I'm going to wait till my applicant day next week and see how that goes :]
Reply 10
I also have an offer for the same course at the University of Edinburgh. But I think I'll still insure Birmingham because it offers more University choices for my particular desired country (Japan) to study abroad in. You may want to look into this aspect to consider your choices >.>

Both of the unis im trying to choose between have good destinations. Both different but both great business countries:facepalm:
Hope you can help! My son is English living in Spain. He wants to do IB in the UK with Spanish and French. Which uni's offer him the chance to study IB and 2 languages with a year in either Spain or France? Many Thanks!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 12
Original post by Antonia Jane
Hope you can help! My son is English living in Spain. He wants to do IB in the UK with Spanish and French. Which uni's offer him the chance to study IB and 2 languages with a year in either Spain or France? Many Thanks!

Posted from TSR Mobile

I know Aston uni does it with 2 languages
Thanks! Does anyone know of any other universites where one can do IB with 2 or even 3 languages? He's bi-lingual Spanish/English which might mean he can't study IB with Spanish.

Posted from TSR Mobile
You can do modern languages and business management at the university of a Birmingham :smile: info is on their website, the modules cross over with all business programmes including ib

Posted from TSR Mobile
Thanks! Aston looks good too!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending