The Student Room Group

hello,my name is jamesg4

hello everyone i am james i am a greek pharmacy prospect in foundation year and i have quite a few questions about job prospects in uk as a pharmacist about the universities that i chose in ucas (UClan,Keele,Durham,Ulster,Wolverhampton)also i want to ask how things work at your country about houses,rents,part time jobs etc...
Reply 1
Keele is a really underrated university, the facilities are amazing, way better than any other pharmacy school I've visited. Job prospects aren't looking brilliant at the moment, quite a few new pharmacy schools have opened recently and there's also lots of pharmacists coming from other countries so not only is there a lot more competition for jobs, but also for the pre-registration year which you need to do before you're qualified. I don't know how many Pharmacy students have part time jobs but from the example timetables I've seen you could be in uni till 5 most days and in the holidays you'll probably want to get as much pharmacy experience as you can. Accommodation varies hugely, some uni's have very cheap halls, some very expensive, some are horrible, some really nice. Most people only stay in halls for a year though, although from what I've seen the uni hall prices reflect the prices of the local area

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending