The Student Room Group
Bangor University
Bangor University
Visit website

Bangor PGCE Primary 2014-2015

Hi guys :smile:

I just got word last week that I have gotten accepted to Bangor and so happy! Just wondering has anyone else heard back? I am doing upper primary 7-11 English medium!

I am travelling from Ireland too, so excited!

:smile:

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Heyyy! I'm the one that was with you that day. I got accepted too. Yayyy. I'm doing the lower one :smile:
Bangor University
Bangor University
Visit website
Hi, I've got an Interview for Upper Primary (7-11) a week on Monday! Very Nervous, any tips for the interview, exam and day in general that could help me out would be greatly appriciated!
Thanks, Matt
Reply 3
Hi Matt! No need to worry about the interview it's really informal and casual. So just try not show your nerves and you should be fine :smile:
It starts off with a 20-30 minute presentation just telling you about the course and Bangor Uni. After that you have your interview. It's about 15 minutes long and really casual. They just want to get to know you. I mostly got asked about my experience with teaching. Other questions were about the welsh education system, if I was to run an after school extra curricular activity what would it be, what would your classroom look like, describe yourself, why do you want to teach, basically if wasn't asked any crazy questions that threw me! So just relax in the interview! :smile:
The exams are fine. Numeracy and literacy about 30 minutes long! There are sample papers on the website and our me was basically the same structure just different numbers! Practice them and you should be fine!
I heard about 2 weeks after that I was successful :smile:
Good luck in your interview, you will be fine! If you have any other queries fire away I'll help anyway I can! :smile:
Alison

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 4
Oh congrats! Least I'll have a friendly face in September :smile: yaaaaay! So excited :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 5
Hi everyone, and congratulations.

I got accepted for he pgce lower primary in Bangor.

Really happy that they told me there and then I got accepted.

How many places do they give out ?

How did everyone find the interview and Bangor university ?

Laurie marsh
Reply 6
Original post by AlisonLuttrell
Hi Matt! No need to worry about the interview it's really informal and casual. So just try not show your nerves and you should be fine :smile:
It starts off with a 20-30 minute presentation just telling you about the course and Bangor Uni. After that you have your interview. It's about 15 minutes long and really casual. They just want to get to know you. I mostly got asked about my experience with teaching. Other questions were about the welsh education system, if I was to run an after school extra curricular activity what would it be, what would your classroom look like, describe yourself, why do you want to teach, basically if wasn't asked any crazy questions that threw me! So just relax in the interview! :smile:
The exams are fine. Numeracy and literacy about 30 minutes long! There are sample papers on the website and our me was basically the same structure just different numbers! Practice them and you should be fine!
I heard about 2 weeks after that I was successful :smile:
Good luck in your interview, you will be fine! If you have any other queries fire away I'll help anyway I can! :smile:
Alison

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hey!

I have an interview this week for Bangor. I was wondering what sort of things they asked you about the Education System in Wales? I'm so nervous! Haha. Congratulations by the way :smile:

xx
Reply 7
Hi Laurie!

Congrats, I say you are delighted :smile: I am doing upper! I think it is 180 places and 120 is English medium and 60 Welsh medium as far as I can remember from what was said on the day! Not sure exactly about places for upper and lower though!
Interview I thought was very casual and informal which was nice and relaxing! I didn't really get to explore much because I had to get a Ferry but it seems very nice from what I have seen and heard! What did you think? :smile:

Original post by Lauriemarsh
Hi everyone, and congratulations.

I got accepted for he pgce lower primary in Bangor.

Really happy that they told me there and then I got accepted.

How many places do they give out ?

How did everyone find the interview and Bangor university ?

Laurie marsh
Reply 8
Original post by sbthomas90
Hey!

I have an interview this week for Bangor. I was wondering what sort of things they asked you about the Education System in Wales? I'm so nervous! Haha. Congratulations by the way :smile:

xx

Hiya :smile:

Oh well done for getting the interview, you will honestly fly through it and don't be nervous, I know it is easy to say that now but honestly they are so lovely I think they honestly just want to get to know your personality! It really is just like a chat which was so lovely and comforting! I was asked how does the Welsh Education System compare to the Irish System, but that was only because I am from Ireland so I doubt you will be asked that. Other questions might be based around Numeracy and Literacy as they are very focused on improving that! They don't ask you real in depth, detailed questions I don't think but just your opinions I think. I was given this website from a girl doing the course now which might be of benefit? http://wales.gov.uk/?skip=1&lang=en
If there is any recent news articles on the education system they might ask your opinion on that :smile:
I hope this helps and good luck in the interview, let me know how it goes! You'll be grand :smile:

Alison :smile:
Reply 9
Hi Laurie!

Congrats, I say you are delighted :smile: I am doing upper! I think it is 180 places and 120 is English medium and 60 Welsh medium as far as I can remember from what was said on the day! Not sure exactly about places for upper and lower though!
Interview I thought was very casual and informal which was nice and relaxing! I didn't really get to explore much because I had to get a Ferry but it seems very nice from what I have seen and heard! What did you think? :smile:

Yes im from the "valleys" the landscape was a lot nicer :smile: especially snowdon!! Do you know what happens with accommodation then ? If you got facebook add me on there - Laurie Marsh. :smile:
Original post by Lauriemarsh
Yes im from the "valleys" the landscape was a lot nicer :smile: especially snowdon!! Do you know what happens with accommodation then ? If you got facebook add me on there - Laurie Marsh. :smile:

Hey, I cannot actually find you on facebook so here is my link https://www.facebook.com/Alcieeeee
I am so confused about accommodation :confused:
Alison Luttrell :smile:
Reply 11
Hiya :smile:

Oh well done for getting the interview, you will honestly fly through it and don't be nervous, I know it is easy to say that now but honestly they are so lovely I think they honestly just want to get to know your personality! It really is just like a chat which was so lovely and comforting! I was asked how does the Welsh Education System compare to the Irish System, but that was only because I am from Ireland so I doubt you will be asked that. Other questions might be based around Numeracy and Literacy as they are very focused on improving that! They don't ask you real in depth, detailed questions I don't think but just your opinions I think. I was given this website from a girl doing the course now which might be of benefit? http://wales.gov.uk/?skip=1&lang=en
If there is any recent news articles on the education system they might ask your opinion on that :smile:
I hope this helps and good luck in the interview, let me know how it goes! You'll be grand :smile:

Thank you so much for your help! Interview went well and I've been offered a place! So happy :smile: xx
Original post by sbthomas90
Thank you so much for your help! Interview went well and I've been offered a place! So happy :smile: xx

Congrats! So good you heard so quick :smile: Are you doing lower or upper?
Alison
Reply 13
Congrats! So good you heard so quick :smile: Are you doing lower or upper?
Alison

I know! Couldn't believe it! Got another interview this week too so at least the pressure is taken off a little bit now. Lower, what about you? Xx
Reply 14
Hi everyone, I'm wanting to apply for Bangor primary PGCE next year. I'm just wondering what the interview is like? Is it relaxed and formal? I am getting so nervous at all these scary PGCE interview stories, have been put off UWIC because I know how formal the interview process is, and I just know my nerves will get the better of me! Also, I've been told that the numeracy and literacy tests are different for every interview around the country, are these ones 'you get 30 mins and a piece of paper' kind of thing? I'm wanting to make up my mind where to apply to now so that it makes the process easier next year!
Thanks so much! Xx
Original post by Nm1988
Hi everyone, I'm wanting to apply for Bangor primary PGCE next year. I'm just wondering what the interview is like? Is it relaxed and formal? I am getting so nervous at all these scary PGCE interview stories, have been put off UWIC because I know how formal the interview process is, and I just know my nerves will get the better of me! Also, I've been told that the numeracy and literacy tests are different for every interview around the country, are these ones 'you get 30 mins and a piece of paper' kind of thing? I'm wanting to make up my mind where to apply to now so that it makes the process easier next year!
Thanks so much! Xx

Hiya! :smile: My interview was very relaxed and informal! Was just a general chat and nothing to worry and stress about they just want to see you are confident and get to know you from what I gathered anyway. Maybe a few questions about the welsh education system and improving literacy and numeracy. Exams are very much the same as the sample papers they provide on their website so just practise them I guess. 30 mins long each in numeracy and literacy and some people did the welsh paper.
From what I have read Bangors interview process is quite relaxed and comfortable compared to others :smile:
Don't be nervous at all :smile: If you have any more questions I would be more than happy to try and help :smile: Hope this helps some what!
Reply 16
Hiya! :smile: My interview was very relaxed and informal! Was just a general chat and nothing to worry and stress about they just want to see you are confident and get to know you from what I gathered anyway. Maybe a few questions about the welsh education system and improving literacy and numeracy. Exams are very much the same as the sample papers they provide on their website so just practise them I guess. 30 mins long each in numeracy and literacy and some people did the welsh paper.
From what I have read Bangors interview process is quite relaxed and comfortable compared to others :smile:
Don't be nervous at all :smile: If you have any more questions I would be more than happy to try and help :smile: Hope this helps some what!

Hi Alison,

Thank you soooo much for answering all of my questions, it sounds so much more relaxed compared to others so I'm definitely using Bangor as my first choice :smile: Hope your PGCE year goes really well, good luck! :smile: Xxx
Reply 17
Hi
I Have got onto the Primary PGCE at Bangor, just wondering if anyone knows when it starts? as i'm working in America all summer and dont get home until 30th Aug!
:smile:
Reply 18
Well guys/gals whats the story? :smile:

Irish male (23) have an interview for Upper Primary (7-11) on Tuesday 25th hopping aboard the Jonathan Swift! Can't beat a day out! :smile:
Any tips on the interview for me, expecting a few comparison questions with the Welsh system and possibly a few on my degree??! Exams seem grand generally getting 8-9/10 on the samples so hoping that will be enough on the day.. help greatly appreciated!

*Also would be nice to know if there are many other Irish in the same boat (no pun intended!) :biggrin:

Barry
Original post by Barry91
Well guys/gals whats the story? :smile:

Irish male (23) have an interview for Upper Primary (7-11) on Tuesday 25th hopping aboard the Jonathan Swift! Can't beat a day out! :smile:
Any tips on the interview for me, expecting a few comparison questions with the Welsh system and possibly a few on my degree??! Exams seem grand generally getting 8-9/10 on the samples so hoping that will be enough on the day.. help greatly appreciated!

*Also would be nice to know if there are many other Irish in the same boat (no pun intended!) :biggrin:

Barry

Hi Barry :smile:

I had the same interview a while ago and travelled over from Ireland too so I know exactly what you are going through! It was very informal and relaxed, was just a general chat and getting to know you from what I gathered! Don't be nervous and act confident :smile: I got asked is the Irish Education System similar to the Welsh and how were the Welsh trying to improve their system, so big emphasis on numeracy and literacy! They were the most detailed questions everything else was about my experience, bit about my undergrad and what I would do for an after school activity! Other questions were what your classroom would look like, why you want to be a teacher etc :smile: The exams are exactly like the ones online! So were fine! Maybe check out if there is any recent news on the education system but it is honestly so chilled and relaxing, about 15-20 mins long! :smile:
Good luck in the interview, I hope you get it, another Irish person travelling over would be great :smile: If you have any more questions I would be more than happy to help you :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest