The Student Room Group

Cheap 30 band size bras.

It really annoys me that I can't get cheap pretty bras in places like primark or H&M due to being the inconvenient size of 30C. I'd never really want to spend more than £12 on a bra, if I had big boobs I'd understand the need to spend more as the bra is actually serving a needed function of holding up boobs. Mine don't need that, so to spend loads of something that is essentially a glorified nipple cover seems ludicrous!

Anyone know anywhere other than Debenhams and M&S that do reasonably priced 30 backs. Even La senza have stopped doing them now. It doesn't make sense for places to sell size 4/6 clothes yet start at a 32/34 back bra...
Reply 1
Check Boux Avenue's sale stuff, they sometimes get very cheap. Try Figleaves too, maybe. Weirdly enough, if you were a 28D I'd actually have more suggestions for you since most the sites I know focus on D+ bras, heh. Perhaps search on Amazon and eBay too, I get lots of bargains from there.

Unfortunately it makes sense for businesses at the moment because most people wear the wrong size bra and still have the idea that D cups are huge. I know loads of people around the same size or smaller than me who think they're 32/34 bands and think I'm mad if I say I'm a 28G, haha. And I'm a size 8-10, so there are millions of people smaller than me!
Boux Avenue is awesome if you fit into them.

Yeah it's stupid how companies make clothes at 4/6 but then start their bras at 32. I'm a 30FF and a 6-8, I wouldn't expect a size 4 woman to be bigger than a 28! Ridiculous.

If support doesn't matter to you, you could buy 32Bs, one ban size up and one cupsize down. Not ideal, but if you just want a cheap bra, it could work
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 3
Try brastop.com!
you get free returns and/or you can send it back and request another size for free :smile:
The bras on there tend to be from top brands so they're really good
Original post by Kate.
Check Boux Avenue's sale stuff, they sometimes get very cheap. Try Figleaves too, maybe. Weirdly enough, if you were a 28D I'd actually have more suggestions for you since most the sites I know focus on D+ bras, heh. Perhaps search on Amazon and eBay too, I get lots of bargains from there.

Unfortunately it makes sense for businesses at the moment because most people wear the wrong size bra and still have the idea that D cups are huge. I know loads of people around the same size or smaller than me who think they're 32/34 bands and think I'm mad if I say I'm a 28G, haha. And I'm a size 8-10, so there are millions of people smaller than me!

I do actually measure as a 28D but have never ever seen one this size so gave up and resorted to 30Cs. I am always skeptical about ordering online without trying things on, but if I see a good deal I'd probably be persuaded!
Original post by neom
Try brastop.com!
you get free returns and/or you can send it back and request another size for free :smile:
The bras on there tend to be from top brands so they're really good

Alas brastop are for big boobies... Plus they're bloody pricey!
Reply 6
Original post by LavenderBlueSky88
I do actually measure as a 28D but have never ever seen one this size so gave up and resorted to 30Cs. I am always skeptical about ordering online without trying things on, but if I see a good deal I'd probably be persuaded!

Have a look for places that have free postage/returns. Brastop do free returns but I think usually charge for postage unless you spend a certain amount (although you can usually find discount codes) and I think Figleaves are the same...actually they might have free postage too. Debenhams also sell 28Ds but I think the in-store stock varies a lot from store to store - I can always easily find 28Gs in my store but I have heard that other stores don't stock many 28s.
I've bought 30Cs from New Look before - not amazing quality but cheap and pretty!
Original post by coopertroopa03
I've bought 30Cs from New Look before - not amazing quality but cheap and pretty!

Really? Were they from the teen section? Every time I've looked there the smallest they do is a 34A....
Reply 9
I can always find some at Debenhams, and when there are sales on, they're pretty cheap :smile:
Reply 10
It really annoys me that I can't get cheap pretty bras in places like primark or H&M due to being the inconvenient size of 30C. I'd never really want to spend more than £12 on a bra, if I had big boobs I'd understand the need to spend more as the bra is actually serving a needed function of holding up boobs. Mine don't need that, so to spend loads of something that is essentially a glorified nipple cover seems ludicrous!

Anyone know anywhere other than Debenhams and M&S that do reasonably priced 30 backs. Even La senza have stopped doing them now. It doesn't make sense for places to sell size 4/6 clothes yet start at a 32/34 back bra...

Try tk maxx.

La senza usually do have them did you look in all the draws?
Original post by redferry
Try tk maxx.

La senza usually do have them did you look in all the draws?

I hate the draw system. The 30s are always in the random unlabelled draw if there are any. I usually ask and they say they don't stock them. Occasionally I've been able to track down one or two but they're either ridiculously expensive or ridiculously padded!
Reply 12
I hate the draw system. The 30s are always in the random unlabelled draw if there are any. I usually ask and they say they don't stock them. Occasionally I've been able to track down one or two but they're either ridiculously expensive or ridiculously padded!

That's annoying, I'm a 30 E / 32 DD and I've managed to get bras there before.

Try tk maxx, they don't always have every size but I've got some really good quality bras there for under a tenner
Original post by redferry
That's annoying, I'm a 30 E / 32 DD and I've managed to get bras there before.

Try tk maxx, they don't always have every size but I've got some really good quality bras there for under a tenner

Yeah back before it got taken over I used to get all my bras there, and they were so cheap in the sale! It's really gone downhill lately. I'll give tk maxx a shot! Thanks

That's so annoying. I haven't been to La Senza for years, but it sounds quite bad. I found a few 30 band bras in House of Fraser the other day, they were quite expensive though
Reply 15
La senza don't do 30's which is ridiculous for a bra shop I am a 30dd people think i am lying because my boobs are not big they are just uneducated and don't understand the bra system.

Try marks and Spencer they do a few nice things in 30's
Boux Avenue

I ave not tried anywhere else myself.
Try Bravissimo. They market themselves as for 'bigger boobed' ladies but they stock 28 and 30 back products - and not just in two styles!

Latest