The Student Room Group

Suggestions

I'm looking for a new mobile phone (Pay as you Go), and would love some help!
- Would like a flip phone (or one of those slidey phones),
- Should have a camera and video, and triband.
- My current one is a Sony Ericsson k700i, and although certain features have been great, the poor battery and increasing slowness has really disappointed!
- Max. budget: £200

What do you think of this one? (Samsung E770) Clicky

I'd really appreciate any opinions! Thanks :smile:
Reply 1
ive got a motorola pelb, covers all your specifications and has better battery than the samsungs. If you think the pebl is too girly go for the v3i, its the has the same features its just slimline.

my mum has the e770 and is regreting it, she wishes she had brought something else. The phone doesnt vibrate on mp3's, ring volumn isnt loud and lots of little annoyances.
Reply 2
moosey
- My current one is a Sony Ericsson k700i, and although certain features have been great, the poor battery and increasing slowness has really disappointed!

If you're going to spend £200 i suggest you go for a contract.

My phone (Sony w810i) was free and the cost of the contract over the year is going to be less than £180.

Just an idea.
Reply 3
samsung d500 for pay as you go, or the 600 if you go for contract.
moosey

lol, im in exactly the same pos as you, i really like the W900i...
Reply 5
don't. get. a. motorola.
i've been told by so many of my friends who work for phone companies. then my boyf got one. he doesnt' use his phone as it has no signal where he lives, yet the battery life is HALF A DAY
talking to the people in the know. this isn't a fault... it's just generally the poor battery time all motorolas have after a week or so..
i just got an LG chocolate. came off PAYG. orange contract. 1000 texts, 300 minutes (150 of those are landlines), free voicemail, free insurance. £25 a month, with £100 credit cash back for an old handset (so 4 free months, or a fiver off every month and a bit more in the last one) sadly the offer ended a few hours ago!
tmobile online has some gooduns though if you catch the extra 500 texts deal
Reply 6
i have no problems with battery time, i get my 8 days standby which was promised by the catalogue orange gives out monthly. I really have no complaints with my motorola.

Latest

Trending

Trending