The Student Room Group

A level Law or Business?

Hi,

Recently i have finished yr 11 ,and now i’m choosing my a levels. I’m gonna take sociology and politics for sure, and as my third a level i’m debating taking buisness or law. I have studied business at gcse level and loved it, yet i also have a great interest in law.

After watching videos about both a level i still can’t choose,both are essay based (which is what i like) and both are applicable for what i want to study at uni (international relations) (or maybeee law). (or any other “humanitarian science” type of degrees)

please share your experience with those subjects, and feel free to judge them. i would also love to hear how universities treat those subjects when you apply.
Original post by gumidik2008
Hi,

Recently i have finished yr 11 ,and now i’m choosing my a levels. I’m gonna take sociology and politics for sure, and as my third a level i’m debating taking buisness or law. I have studied business at gcse level and loved it, yet i also have a great interest in law.

After watching videos about both a level i still can’t choose,both are essay based (which is what i like) and both are applicable for what i want to study at uni (international relations) (or maybeee law). (or any other “humanitarian science” type of degrees)

please share your experience with those subjects, and feel free to judge them. i would also love to hear how universities treat those subjects when you apply.

Can you start with 4 subjects then drop the one that you don't like? I have heard that A levels Business is an easy subject so that can be an easy A or A* for you.
Reply 2
Original post by Wired_1800
Can you start with 4 subjects then drop the one that you don't like? I have heard that A levels Business is an easy subject so that can be an easy A or A* for you.

Hi,
yes i was considering that, but the problem is -I will study in a private school (for many reasons i can’t switch from it) which takes additional charge for 4th subject -which i don’t think i’m capable of paying
Hi,
yes i was considering that, but the problem is -I will study in a private school (for many reasons i can’t switch from it) which takes additional charge for 4th subject -which i don’t think i’m capable of paying

Fair enough. I would suggest Law since you want to study IR.

Also, If you were flexible, I would suggest studying PPE (Oxford).
Reply 4
Yeah i looked a bit more into unis and i think i will take law)

thanks for suggesting ppe btw ,such wide degrees is something i’m interested in
Yeah i looked a bit more into unis and i think i will take law)

thanks for suggesting ppe btw ,such wide degrees is something i’m interested in

Alright good luck.

the reason for suggesting PPE is the course breadth and you can always do a Masters in International Relations.

here is a video that you could consider:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=1WJATyDI1G4&pp=ygUKcHBlIG94Zm9yZA%3D%3D

https://www.ox.ac.uk/admissions/undergraduate/courses/course-listing/philosophy-politics-and-economics
(edited 9 months ago)

Quick Reply

Latest