The Student Room Group
Coventry University
Coventry University
Coventry
Visit website

Studying at Coventry College University EXTRA

I have applied for the Health and social foundation course through extra after I was rejected an offer from Social work at the university of Coventry and I have realised that the course is at the college and not the University so I just have a few questions if anyone could answer them at all that would be a great help :smile:
I applied to the health and social foundation course which is for one year then I was planning on applying for Social work after that. so..

- Would I be able to still stay in the halls if I am studying at the college?
- Will I be eligible for student finance?
- Is the college available for all students after finishing their GCSE's or just for students after doing A Levels, that prefer to do a foundation course to help them before doing a degree?
Reply 1
Original post by ShannonH14
I have applied for the Health and social foundation course through extra after I was rejected an offer from Social work at the university of Coventry and I have realised that the course is at the college and not the University so I just have a few questions if anyone could answer them at all that would be a great help :smile:
I applied to the health and social foundation course which is for one year then I was planning on applying for Social work after that. so..

- Would I be able to still stay in the halls if I am studying at the college?
- Will I be eligible for student finance?
- Is the college available for all students after finishing their GCSE's or just for students after doing A Levels, that prefer to do a foundation course to help them before doing a degree?

Can't answer 2&3, however 1 I can the college have their own system for getting accommodation, which does include some of the same halls as the main University. There are links between the college and the Uni so if you pass your foundation course there is a very strong chance that you will be accepted on the course.
Coventry University
Coventry University
Coventry
Visit website

Quick Reply

Latest