The Student Room Group

Oxford Brookes/swansea / Coventry University,?

I wanted to do masters in Healthcare
These 3 uni offers courses I want to do but what I'm confused about --
1. Which uni is better for employment after masters
2.overall Which city is better
3. Which city is better for cost of living and part time jobs
Reply 1
Original post by Trupti Gosavi

Ring up each universities admissions and ask them what their employment rates are after the course. They should be able to give you that information fairly easily and if they don't assume it is low.
As for which is the best city - go and visit. If you are going to spend 4 years somewhere I think you owe yourself some visits.
Not sure which is the cheapest out of Swansea or Coventry but Oxford is definitely in a league of its own in terms of expense. Again, when you visit, buy some basics and compare prices.

Good luck!

Good Evening! Hope you're well. Hopefully the following will answer a few of your questions about why Swansea is an excellent and affordable place to study...

1. Which university is better for employment after masters?

The masters in healthcare management at Swansea has a really in depth website which you should check out for full information, but by doing the masters in healthcare management, you open up many doors into employment, whether that is in the healthcare setting, or in education, research or policy making.

At Swansea we also have the 'Swansea Employability Academy (SEA)' to help you to make the most of your degree and maximise your employment opportunities after graduating. The SEA offers events such as careers fairs, which are great for networking with future employers, and workshops, employers' talks, help with job/internship applications and bespoke, individual advice from dedicated and professional Careers Advisors to name but a few perks.

2. Which city is better?

I am currently in my 7th year at Swansea University, so it must be doing something right! I love the balance between city life and the beautiful surroundings that we are so blessed to have on our doorsteps. There is simply nothing better than a walk along the beach to clear your head, whether that is along Swansea Bay, in the Mumbles, or in the Gower Peninsula. The infamous 'Wind Street' also provides a bustling location for student nightlife, with most bars and eateries on one main street.

Within the university itself, there are so many societies on offer, with something to suit absolutely everyone's interests. And if we don't already have a society for you, why not create it and leave your own legacy at Swansea?

3. Which city is better for cost of living and part time jobs?

I have always found Swansea a really cheap place to live, especially in comparison with some of the bigger UK cities such as London. I currently pay less than £400 a month for my house with all bills included, so it is definitely affordable in my opinion, although I can only speak to my own experiences with regards to this. There are also many free activities around, making the most of the beautiful Welsh outdoors. With excellent train transport links to some of the bigger cities, nothing in the UK is ever far away.

The universities' Students' Union is also excellent with the cost of living, having provided intiatives such as a reduced price cost of living meal at the on campus eateries and a cost of living breakfast scheme to help students with the current financial climate.

In terms of part time jobs, these are endless. There are opportunities on campus itself, for example in Costcutter, the local shop on Singleton Campus, or with the Students' Union's Events teams. There is also the amazing opportunity to become a Student Ambassador, to really give back to the university whilst also earning some extra money. Local employers are also really keen to employ students, with many students working at local bars, restaurants and supermarkets, depending on their workloads.

I hope all those tips help, and that you might consider choosing Swansea as your place of study, but also your home from home.

Let us know if you have any more questions,
Hope Henry - Third Year Graduate Entry Medicine Student and Swansea Student Ambassador.

Hey

I'm currently a student at Coventry University studying BSc International Management and have lived in the city for over a year now. I've had the opportunity to both study and work in the city.

1. I believe that Coventry University has a great employment rate after a master's. The university has a team (Talent Team), dedicated to helping you find a job or placement while you're studying at the university and up to a year after you have graduated. I've had friends who completed both a Bachelor's and a Master's and were able to find employment in their respective fields without much trouble, both in Coventry and elsewhere in the UK

2. Coventry is a student city with a young population and vibrant nightlife. I've found it very affordable when compared to friends who go to university in London or Manchester. There's loads to do here and the locals have been nothing but nice!

3. I have been lucky enough to be able to work 2 part-time jobs while studying at the university. I work for my student accommodation and the university. There are loads of job opportunities such as working at a restaurant, pubs and retail.

I hope this has been of great help to you, please to not refrain from asking any more questions and I'll do my best to answer them!

Kind regards
Roshan
Coventry University Student Ambassadors

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending