The Student Room Group
The Great Hall at University of Leeds
University of Leeds
Leeds

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
I just got my contract... I don't have £200! which installment choice is everybody making? I think I'm going for three, I think the installments correspond with my student loan payments!
The Great Hall at University of Leeds
University of Leeds
Leeds
Gh, just got new contract with new room lol. Now I'm in J3.33, so if anyone else in J block, mail me :smile:
Reply 22
I'm in block D, D1.31 anyone in the same block? Do you know if the rooms have sinks, I can't remember I saw soo many on the accom open day!

See you all there, it's going to be awesome x x
From looking at the accommodation page on the Leeds website here, it doesn't seem to show any sinks.
Reply 24
Block L Room L2.13

Anyone else in this area? :biggrin:

www.myspace.com/hollypowers... add me if so!
Just bumping up this one with a quick update on room allocations, we got 11 Luptonians so far compared to the millions in JBP! Here's the list:

A-Block
cymruambyth - A1.22 - Japanese

B-Block
Noobster5 - B2.14
fradley - B2.21

C-Block
lingo

D-Block
Frinko - D1.31

E-Block
u_cheeky_girl - E1.13 - Nursing

F-Block
eduleal - F2.33 - Journalism

J-Block
missed_dream - J3.33

K-Block
xx_sarah

L-Block
Holliver! - L2.13 - Theology
melissamel - L3.31
Reply 26
odd question:

does anyone know roughly how big the rooms are? Part of me is CONVINCED i'm not going to be able to get all my stuff in lol. Also, if anyone could desribe the size of the wardrobe [essential for a girl] then that would be great :smile:
Holliver!
odd question:

does anyone know roughly how big the rooms are? Part of me is CONVINCED i'm not going to be able to get all my stuff in lol. Also, if anyone could desribe the size of the wardrobe [essential for a girl] then that would be great :smile:

The rooms are longer than they are wide. Not tons of floor space, I'm afraid but enough. One thing to be said is that the desks are massive! From what I remember, there are three shelves on the right-hand side of every room, nice big windows (with orange and yellow curtains!) and a good-sized bed. Re: wardrobes, from what I remember, they're quite deep and there's an overhead storage cupboard with a lock.

It'll be cozy if nothing else. Also, my friend who stayed there last year said that the heating is really good and that the showers are powerful and clean. Kitchens are a bit on the small side (the dining table takes up most of the room, put it that way), but you get what you pay for. And living like that will probably form a closer bond between yourself and your 4 corridor mates.

I can't wait to move in! Just gotta send everything back now, before I lose my place. Eek!
Reply 28
Ah thats a lot of help, cheers :smile:
Reply 29
ooo I didnt even see this thread, I'm so silly

I'm in L3.31!

raaave xxx
Reply 30
YEAH, another block L-er! :biggrin:
Reply 31
Holliver!
YEAH, another block L-er! :biggrin:

*whispers* well you just KNOW block L will be the best :biggrin: :P

haha I'm getting really excited about it all now, though still of course, terrified.
Reply 32
*whispers back* of COURSE it will be. But shhh. We don't want the others to be jealous.... :biggrin:

Yeah I just wanna get there now. PLus I want to know who I'll be sharing with!
ok...as accomoffice said, all blocks are refurbished. none of the rooms have sinks. f block - you have the subwardens on the top floor so u better be quiet or they'll be having words (*makes obscene gesture*).

the wardrobes are pretty small - only about 2ft wide if i remember correctly, but theres loads of space in drawers and random cupboards
Reply 34
DOn't forget your coat hangers! hehe the clothes space isn't amazing and i didn't take loads of clothes..well, i took quite a bit of stuff but not as much as i can imagine others taking! the wardrobes were pretty narrow in my block. No-one's been allocated my old room yet hehe that'd be weird...

There's a big drawer under the bed and some more drawers in the desk so I think most people should do fine, just keep in mind you won't have tons of room!
Reply 35
Yay I got transferred to Lupton! Anyone else in block K? I'm in room K3.22 - i'm so excited, Lupton looks lovely (though it's a bit far away!)
Reply 36
spoon1
Yay I got transferred to Lupton! Anyone else in block K? I'm in room K3.22 - i'm so excited, Lupton looks lovely (though it's a bit far away!)

WOO!! another K-blocker!
I'm K2.23 I think, so I guess that means we might be near each other!!
only 8 days now!!!
xx_sarah

only 8 days now!!!

its well scary when u say it like that! what time is every1 plannin on gettin there?
Reply 38
Is no1 in block n?
Reply 39
Hi Thought i'd join the fellow luptonians!! i'm in block K room 3.34 anyone else in that sort of area!! One week to go i'm getting really excited but pretty nervous as well, i have myspace, www.myspace.com/1xx_emz_xx can't wait to meet everyone freshers week is gonna be awesome!!

Latest