The Student Room Group

Using "Quran" as instrumental?

Listen to CL - 멘붕 (Mental breakdown)
Even if you don't listen to KPOP, I want your opinions to this controversy.

[video="youtube;AqraiF4bd5Y"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AqraiF4bd5Y[/video]

People (mainly Muslims and Arabics) were arguing about the instrumental because "Quran" was used in the song.

What do you think?

I'm not being bias. I personally don't think so. I think they're over-reacting; call me ignorant but it's the truth. The only similarity between them is the tune. You can't even hear the instrumental reciting parts of Quran, just the tune. The beat is commonly used... is it not?. Every topic, religion is ALWAYS getting involved e.g. Katy Perry - Dark Horse.
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 1
I could only hear it after the clip at the end, and even then I thought it sounded similar but not the same, but if you didn't know that it sounded like that then you'd just assume that it's part of the song.

I agree also that religion is getting involved when it's not needed these days, sure if the song was openly bashing religion then sure get involved but if it isn't then don't
Jesus Christ, if a muslim is offended by this non-existent "similarity" then I give up, I really do.
Reply 3
Original post by Plantagenet Crown
Jesus Christ, if a muslim is offended by this non-existent "similarity" then I give up, I really do.

Taking the name of Jesus in vain?

Original post by Lt93
Listen to CL - 멘붕 (Mental breakdown)
Even if you don't listen to KPOP, I want your opinions to this controversy.

[video="youtube;AqraiF4bd5Y"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AqraiF4bd5Y[/video]

People (mainly Muslims and Arabics) were arguing about the instrumental because "Quran" was used in the song.

What do you think?

I'm not being bias. I personally don't think so. I think they're over-reacting; call me ignorant but it's the truth. The only similarities between them is the tune. You can't even hear the instrumental reciting parts of Quran, just the tune. The beat is commonly used... is it not?. Every topic, religion is ALWAYS getting involved e.g. Katy Perry - Dark Horse.

Interesting. Thanks for sharing. :smile:
Who else do you listen to apart from 2NE1? :biggrin:

Quick Reply

Latest