The Student Room Group

rs revision

Just sat year 10 mocks and got a 2 in RS because i always messed about and never turned up, Is it possible to get a 5/6 in November mocks? and also how do i revise rs is beyond me any help would be appreciated
Thanks
Original post by ~Adam.s
Just sat year 10 mocks and got a 2 in RS because i always messed about and never turned up, Is it possible to get a 5/6 in November mocks? and also how do i revise rs is beyond me any help would be appreciated
Thanks

What exam board are you doing?

For RS revision you need to make sure you know the content like key facts and stuff and I liked to use mind maps to help me. To remember sources of wisdom and authority I like to use flashcards. Practise questions and papers are very useful for actually practising exam technique.
Reply 2
Aqa, Thanks for yoru help

Original post by flowersinmyhair
What exam board are you doing?

For RS revision you need to make sure you know the content like key facts and stuff and I liked to use mind maps to help me. To remember sources of wisdom and authority I like to use flashcards. Practise questions and papers are very useful for actually practising exam technique.
Original post by ~Adam.s
Aqa, Thanks for yoru help

I did Eduqas so I can't really help more than what I said in my first post :smile: :flower2:
Reply 4
Original post by ~Adam.s
Thanks

hi! i did aqa RS gcse in 2021 and got a 9. honestly for RS u just have to learn how to write a good argument. from what i remember the 12 mark questions are the most important and usually u have to argue both sides of whatever the question is asking u. just always argue BOTH otherwise ur missing out on good marks. revise a good amount of quotes from the religious book of whatever religion ur doing (i did islam and christianity and made separate flashcard books of quotes from the quran and the bible, not loads tho, just ones u think can apply to a lot of essay questions. honestly i used love thy neighbour a couple times and still got a 9 hahah, learn more than that tho) for the smaller mark questions just make sure u revise all the facts youve learn for the subjects bc the multiple choice questions are usually fact based. just always always remember in essay questions to backup your point with a fact and an opinion otherwise you're losing marks. you can totally get a higher mark than a 2 in yr 10! just practise writing essays and get your teachers to mark them (or mark them urself) :smile: good luck!!!
Reply 5
Original post by elliemab22
hi! i did aqa RS gcse in 2021 and got a 9. honestly for RS u just have to learn how to write a good argument. from what i remember the 12 mark questions are the most important and usually u have to argue both sides of whatever the question is asking u. just always argue BOTH otherwise ur missing out on good marks. revise a good amount of quotes from the religious book of whatever religion ur doing (i did islam and christianity and made separate flashcard books of quotes from the quran and the bible, not loads tho, just ones u think can apply to a lot of essay questions. honestly i used love thy neighbour a couple times and still got a 9 hahah, learn more than that tho) for the smaller mark questions just make sure u revise all the facts youve learn for the subjects bc the multiple choice questions are usually fact based. just always always remember in essay questions to backup your point with a fact and an opinion otherwise you're losing marks. you can totally get a higher mark than a 2 in yr 10! just practise writing essays and get your teachers to mark them (or mark them urself) :smile: good luck!!!

Thanks you so much

Quick Reply

Latest