The Student Room Group

Getting a B at GCSE....

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Bobjim12
I'm not working at any grade atm, we haven't done much literature nor any mock exam on it..

At this stage you should have a rough idea of what grade you are working at. Even if you're in year ten you are only about 4 months away from the end of the academic year. You need to know this to get an idea of how much you need to improve. What set are you in, what level are you at (5, 6, 7, 8)?

If your teacher hasn't told you ask her. That's something he/she should have told you ages ago. You should have been given both a working and target grade.
I was never naturally good at lit, but I got an A* by listening intently to the teacher and writing down obscure bit of analysis they came out with. I thought of about 10 different questions that might be asked for each text (e.g. on a certain theme or character), then wrote skeleton essays with a mini intro and conclusion, as well as about 5/6 quotes with 2/3 sentences for each, and memorised them. Most of the time at least one of the question options will be similar to one you've prepared.
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by Irrí
Honestly, they won't mind and it'll make them happy. If you get the good grade you're the one laughing, treat it as proving how easy it is in your head or something if that helps.

Either way yeah, practice papers and just crafting a good essay. Post some of your practice ones on TSR and some people might be able to give you feedback on your style :h:

How?
Original post by Bobjim12
well atm we are doing WIB, she is going through chapter by chapter (analysing events and Arthur etc..) we haven't analysed TKAM, doing that after..)

would you recommend any sources to help me with this?

Oh right fair enough. Erm the AQA Philip Allan guides are really good! And overall, practise your essay writing (if you need to). Most likely you do.
Not gonna lie, I did no revision and came out with a B in AQA English :smile: just depends on the paper I think and your teacher

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending