The Student Room Group

Need my English Language Question 1 AQA Answer Marked

The question was - What do we learn from this article where rachel dixon has been and what she has been doing? 8 Marks

Article Link - http://www.theguardian.com/travel/2012/mar/16/gourmet-horse-riding-spain-food-andalucia

My Answer:

Firstly in the article i learned that rachel dixon spent her holiday in "serrania de ronda" which she describes as "horse country" and that "it is unspoilt land of pueblos blancos" this shows that it is a nice beautiful country for horse riders which is good for people who have a passion for horses.

Secondly i learned that andalucia is famous for its food. " Andalucia is known for its cusine" this is good for Rachel as she states "combine the twin pleasures of riding and food" this shows the holiday suits her. One of the countries famous foods is " jamon iberico"

I learned about what activities she participated in. For four days she spent on horseback " we spent four days out of severn on horseback" which shows the loves horses and describes the mare as "beautiful dun coloured" and she said she felt like a cowgirl " at the best i felt like a cowgirl".

Finally i learned that instead of just riding horses she had time to relax in the afternoon " i would spend hours before dinner sunbathing and reading" this shows she enjoyed the holiday as she loves food and loves horses but she got time to relax, which is good because it is a good break.

Please mark my answer out of 8, Thank you:smile:
4/8

You've made 4 points, so...
To get more marks, you need to dig a little deeper into the article and try and do more than stating the obvious.
With one quote you should try and think of several points to make as your answer is quite generic.

go on mr bruff's youtube videos to help get better marks

Quick Reply

Latest