The Student Room Group

University Applicants 2014 - What are you looking forward to/not looking forward to?

What are you looking forward to?
Not looking forward to?

I'm looking forward to starting my new course, having the independence, buying my course books and meeting new people.

I'm not looking forward to the independence also, being away from my family.

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 10 years ago)
Gonna move this somewhere it's more likely to get a reply :smile:
I think the things I'm most looking forward to is my course and my new room. The city, new people and finally getting out of school.
But I will miss my family, friends here and the security and extra support school provided me. Not to mention the memories I have had here, time just goes too fast :/
Reply 3
Looking forward to having something to do, being able to meet people. Not much is particularly going on in my life without a job or any classes so its hard to fill the time, even as a big ol' introvert. That works back, though, too. I'm pretty frightened at the concept of meeting a lot of new people, who I'm likely to have to work with for three or four years, and I'm starting a whole new sort of career path and everything so the work isn't going to be easy at all. I suppose all I can do is wait and see though.
The thing I will miss most if definitely my family. We're all really close and my mum is like my best friend.

The things I'm most looking forward to are meeting new people, moving to a small coastal town (as I'm from a big city not near a beach!), my course and the new nightlife.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 5
I'm looking forward to having an almost-equal fresh start with new people. (Moving to college was strange since I didn't really have anyone left that went to college with me, so I had to start from scratch socially, when other people had whole groups come to the same college.)
I think I'm looking forward to independence and being able to do stuff (eg sport) when I want to; having a tidy bedroom to try and keep, and walls to finally put lots of posters and pictures and lyrics on - hopefully on a pinboard - to claim my own for a year :tongue: hopefully not damaging the wall, of course. XD My bedroom walls at home are tiny.

I'll miss family support, and probably being able to talk about anything to my sister and she'll miss me too. At least there's the telephone.
I'll miss current friends especially when moving in late September, when I'll be worrying about meeting new people and how things are going, and whether not drinking alot will put off people.
I'm not looking forward to having to manage money, something I'm almost sure I haven't ever done well before.
Also slightly worried about cooking and laundry but I know my parents will prepare me well enough in time to be less of a concern XD
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 6
Looking forward to experiencing new things and being independent and getting into a bigger environment.

Not looking forward to financial problems, leaving family and dreading to think I'll feel alone.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending