The Student Room Group

EPQ

Basically
(edited 5 years ago)
Reply 1
I have 3 days, high five

Posted from TSR Mobile
It cannot be done well in that time. I've been doing mine since April 2013, and will only be 100% complete after next Thursday.
What subjects do you do though? Base it around one of those, but something that isn't on an exam syllabus.
Reply 4
4 days to come up with the WHOLE EPQ?

I remember this time last year when I had to do an all-nighter to finish my report even after spending like 4 months planning and collecting data...

...Do a maths one... write a report on a theory I think that would be the quickest thing...
Reply 5
Well I did mine the morning it was due in assisting by Monster, Red Bull and the other college work helpers.

If you have no idea at all, and are British and have a hazy idea of British History at least, do "Was the British Empire a force for good?" that was my back up question (ended up actually doing mine on the Police Response to the London Riots) because there IS SO SO much content out there on this, spend one day researching, then a day writing, and then the last day sleeping, and your sorted :-P

I had the advantage of having mine pre planned though, research and writing it up all in one early morning I wouldn't recommend. I ended up with an A in that though, so it shouldn't jeopardise your grades if your targeted that as long as you argue each side reasonably

Posted from TSR Mobile
base it around your interests! when I did mine, I did it all in 6 hours honestly I hardly started I just stayed on the computer for 6 hours straight and I got a good grade, My question was 'is serial murder solely a psychological issue' because I was interested in serial murderers.
The question has to be a 'yes or no' format, so not 'assess' or 'evaluate'.
If you are interested in say happiness, you could research 'is happiness a social construct'.
Or if you are interested in sociology you could also do 'is childhood a social construct'.
If you are interested in science you could do 'is DNA fingerprinting an effective method of identification'.

Goodluck you can do it :smile:
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 7
Original post by Jacob Boris
What subjects do you do though? Base it around one of those, but something that isn't on an exam syllabus.

I'm doing maths physics and chemistry but i think all of those would be boring except for physics. I was thinking of doing one in either sport medicine or history.
Reply 8
Original post by Daniel9510
Well I did mine the morning it was due in assisting by Monster, Red Bull and the other college work helpers.

If you have no idea at all, and are British and have a hazy idea of British History at least, do "Was the British Empire a force for good?" that was my back up question (ended up actually doing mine on the Police Response to the London Riots) because there IS SO SO much content out there on this, spend one day researching, then a day writing, and then the last day sleeping, and your sorted :-P

I had the advantage of having mine pre planned though, research and writing it up all in one early morning I wouldn't recommend. I ended up with an A in that though, so it shouldn't jeopardise your grades if your targeted that as long as you argue each side reasonably

Posted from TSR Mobile

The whole EPQ in the morning haha ok i don't think i could do that.
Reply 9
Original post by Buffalo_puppy
The whole EPQ in the morning haha ok i don't think i could do that.

I wrote it up, I had the research and put it into the dissertation form, essentially typing up my notes, very possible in 12 hours, you could do it :-)

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 10 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest