The Student Room Group

Edexcel Unit 2: Physics at Work ~9th June 2014

Scroll to see replies

Anyone got a rough list of potential topics that might come up tomorrow?
Reply 581
Original post by AG Singh
When attempting question on DC electricity. which direction of flow should we use in the exam? conventional or the true flow?

You can go with either, just the book says that you need to stick to the one you use. I think I'd go for electron flow.
june 2013 last question last part last page.. why on earth does the resistance decrease? from R=V/I r is inversely proportional so shouldnt resistance increase..

http://www.edexcel.com/migrationdocuments/QP%20GCE%20Curriculum%202000/June%202013%20-%20QP/6PH02_01_que_20130605.pdf
I've got a feeling there's going to be a ton on electricity tomorrow :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 584
=S someone please?
Reply 585
Original post by Paras Agarwal
june 2013 last question last part last page.. why on earth does the resistance decrease? from R=V/I r is inversely proportional so shouldnt resistance increase..

http://www.edexcel.com/migrationdocuments/QP%20GCE%20Curriculum%202000/June%202013%20-%20QP/6PH02_01_que_20130605.pdf

Ohms law is only true for ohmic conductors at constant temperature. Here current alters temperature so normal rules don't apply. Lattice vibrations have an overriding effect.
Reply 586
Original post by AG Singh
When attempting question on DC electricity. which direction of flow should we use in the exam? conventional or the true flow?

no no no!!! always go with the conventional flow just think where an isolated positive charge would flow because you will need that in A2 !!!!
A2 is all about conventional flow because you will be applying rules which use conventional flow
Reply 587
Original post by arshia
=S someone please?

Distance = Speed x Time = 0.24*10^-3 x 3.0*10^8 = 7.2*10^4. Remember this is the distance to the mirror AND back. Therefore the real distance is 7.2*10^4 / 2 = 3.6*10^4 !!
Reply 588
Original post by ThatGirlx

Posted from TSR Mobile

how comes?
Original post by ThatGirlx

Posted from TSR Mobile

Same here, I've practised but it just doesnt seem to be enough :/
Reply 590
guys looking at unit 1, I predict that some sort of scale diagrams/drawings will come up in unit 2 too
and some big questions on electricity/ultrasound
Reply 591
Original post by arshia
=S someone please?

(speed x time)/2
Original post by Lewisallows
http://www.mediafire.com/view/w3sp9plh6097j30/WPH02_01_msc_20140306.pdf

Quite high boundaries!
And a lot of writing questions!!

I just this did, it was alright i guess. Whats were the grade boundaries? for an A?
Reply 593
Original post by AdilMalikN
I just this did, it was alright i guess. Whats were the grade boundaries? for an A?

54. Fairly average imo
jan 14 question 10 guys? please?

that one got me too, damn! But its easy if you think about it, the PD across terminals is the same as the PD across R. PD across R is given by Current * R, so (e/r+R) * R...
Reply 596
Original post by pbatch
distance = speed x time = 0.24*10^-3 x 3.0*10^8 = 7.2*10^4. Remember this is the distance to the mirror and back. Therefore the real distance is 7.2*10^4 / 2 = 3.6*10^4 !!

thanks alot :d
Original post by 13142vp
guys looking at unit 1, I predict that some sort of scale diagrams/drawings will come up in unit 2 too
and some big questions on electricity/ultrasound

Yes sir my predictions and yours are similar. I predicted alot of electricity and the diagrams like emf, filament diagram. Ultrasound -pulses and spectra line so energy levels will come up hope we are right.

Posted from TSR Mobile
already preparing my petition for tomorrow's physics paper......:colone:
Reply 599

the answer is b because when you use the potential divider formula and you try to find the terminal voltage which is basically the voltage of the circuit and when you use the voltage of the circuit youll want to use the the resistance outside the battery so you rearrange to give the expression B
hope you understood it.. if not
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MImq6R6QCgg

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending