The Student Room Group

Edexcel Unit 2: Physics at Work ~9th June 2014

Scroll to see replies

Reply 780
Original post by Schraderrr
it is but you would of thought that they were expecting another answer other than 0, which is too obvious, thats why i wrote down Lambda and 360 degreese

Is it okay to write it in radians?
Original post by 'nicole
Is it okay to write it in radians?

phase difference is measured in radians so yes
Original post by bobo19966
Much better than the previous past paper as they don't ask any calculations about pd or resistance in an circult which is my weakest part:tongue:

I'm the opposite! I spent ages learning it and really wanted it to come up haha.

Posted from TSR Mobile
See, told you. Was a decent paper, wasn't it? :smile:
if I wrote constructive and destructive interference for the chocolate question, will my marks be deducted ?
Original post by cerlohee
I'm the opposite! I spent ages learning it and really wanted it to come up haha.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I also learn this for ages but I still don't understand how to calculate them till today but anyway they just come up calculate the internal resistance in multiple choice:biggrin:
Original post by cerlohee

Posted from TSR Mobile

Same here. Revised so much for electricity. Was disappointed not much of came up. The grade boundaries will go up thanks to this.
Reply 787
Original post by chermaine123
if I wrote constructive and destructive interference for the chocolate question, will my marks be deducted ?

No. This is actually correct. Look at 18b. on this markscheme.
http://www.edexcel.com/migrationdocuments/QP%20GCE%20Curriculum%202000/GCE%20January%202010%20-%20MS/6PH02-01-MS-1001.pdf

It's the same question and talks about constructive interference when waves are in phase and destructive interference when waves are out of phase.
What did everyone write for the 6 mark raindrop and also the raindrop calculation (between 5km and 200km away)??
Reply 789
I got 180 degrees for the phase difference
They were exactly one wavelength apart

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by MrHogwash
See, told you. Was a decent paper, wasn't it? :smile:

it is fine the only thing that I can't do is calculating the phase difference in chocolate question as I forget how to. so i just simply wrote pi/2
Original post by chermaine123

Kind of. The question was to relate the cold points with the hot points. Again, these points had nothing do with the temperature of the chocolate but rather how constructive interference causes hot points and destructive causes cold points.
Reply 792
Original post by katieskiier
What did everyone write for the 6 mark raindrop and also the raindrop calculation (between 5km and 200km away)??

I got 3.33x10^-5 s for the pulse duration but I'm not sure if that's right :s-smilie:
Original post by Karoel
I got 3.33x10^-5 s for the pulse duration but I'm not sure if that's right :s-smilie:

How did you work that out? I got 6.4 x 10^-4 but im pretty sure im wrong! :frown:
Guys just started a Forum for the Unit 4 paper coming up, just some simple discussion on what could come up and a resource if you need any help with revision!

Check it out!

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=2707581
Original post by Karoel

Me too mate. :smile:
Reply 796
Original post by Karoel

I believe this is correct. Min. distance * 2 = 5 * 2 = 10 km. This equates to 10000 m.

Time = Distance / Speed = 10,000 / 300,000,000 = 3.33 * 10^-5 seconds.
What did you guys write for the laser passing through a slit that was getting more narrow? I stupidly wrote about the particle theory :frown:
Reply 798
What did you guys write for the laser passing through a slit that was getting more narrow? I stupidly wrote about the particle theory :frown:

What is being observed is diffraction.
As the aperture gets narrower it's size becomes closer to that of the wavelength of light. Therefore the light diffracts more, this means it is spread over a wider area.

I wrote something about diffraction but not sure it is right

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending