The Student Room Group

Edexcel Unit 2: Physics at Work ~9th June 2014

Scroll to see replies

I'm hoping 120 UMS is around 70, late 60s. need that.
Has anyone uploaded the paper on here, like they did with the unit 1?
Original post by AG Singh
Has anyone uploaded the paper on here, like they did with the unit 1?

Where's the Unit 1 paper?
Original post by MrHogwash

If you find the unit 1 thread that is created by the same OP, around pages 40-55 I think you'll find it there
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by MrHogwash

Here I found it for you, https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B9A...BOemx1TE0/edit

Quite a lot of it is not right, it's a bit debatable. Take the score you get from it as an idea tho

Thanks.
Did people get 7.42V or something for that question about... I can't remember I think it was a potential divider. And for that one about minimum pulse duration did you do 200km/3x10^8ms^-1. Also for the last question I got 2.94x10^8 therefore experiment was accurate.
Reply 968
Original post by katieskiier
ahhhhh noooooo that's so annoying! I swear I haven't got a single question completely right!

Debatable, I also wrote there may be other components such as LED or speaker. Thing is the question was talking about useful THERMAL energy so I guess anything outside that can be classed as not useful. I also wrote that the kettle body itself heats up and that heat gets dissipated to the surroundings.

But we should get both points for that, hopefully. :smile:
Just a small point, not really fussed it was only 1 mark, what did we put for the photoelectron question where it asked about what made up the difference?
Original post by kcorbins
Did people get 7.42V or something for that question about... I can't remember I think it was a potential divider. And for that one about minimum pulse duration did you do 200km/3x10^8ms^-1. Also for the last question I got 2.94x10^8 therefore experiment was accurate.

I think my voltage answer was 7.42V or near that and yes i got 2.94x10^8ms-1 that was a nice 3 mark question. I couldn't prove the area was 2x10^-7m though
Reply 971
Original post by bob wayne
I think my voltage answer was 7.42V or near that and yes i got 2.94x10^8ms-1 that was a nice 3 mark question. I couldn't prove the area was 2x10^-7m though

For the area I first tried 1mm because the diameter if the coil was exactly 1mm :s but after using that value it gave me a larger value than the show that value so I was sneaky and worked backwards from the show that value XD

Posted from TSR Mobile
Now the embargo is ended Questions and Possible Answers are here....
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2xF9AIR3H-4
Is there an unofficial markscheme coming out soon anywhere?
Someone start an unofficial mark scheme ?
Original post by jamez870
Yeah I put kinetic energy in joules, I think they're correct

For that question, I said stopping voltage, would that be okay? There's a graph of stopping voltage against frequency in the book
Original post by André3000
I got around 8 volts ish, but then i didnt bother to check which bit they wanted. I reckon it's right though!

I got 8.2 V :smile:
Original post by pinkgorilla
Someone start an unofficial mark scheme ?

Original post by EleanorParker
Is there an unofficial markscheme coming out soon anywhere?

Look at the YouTube link posted above
Reply 978
Original post by André3000
Just a small point, not really fussed it was only 1 mark, what did we put for the photoelectron question where it asked about what made up the difference?

I'd be interested to know, I had to make something up for this.
Reply 979
Original post by B-Stacks
Look at the YouTube link posted above

Can u post it again plz :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending