The Student Room Group

Edexcel Unit 2: Physics at Work ~9th June 2014

Scroll to see replies

Do you know if there's an unofficial mark scheme for the IAL paper?
guys is there an unofficial ms for IAL unit 2 phy?? could someone please post it?
Original post by wanna_get_A*
guys is there an unofficial ms for IAL unit 2 phy?? could someone please post it?

heyy how did u find it? I thought overall paper was quite good, calculated that 63% of the marks was just on Waves which is strange. I thought Q20 was an absolute killer, 10 marks had no idea...!
Original post by iKaneee
heyy how did u find it? I thought overall paper was quite good, calculated that 63% of the marks was just on Waves which is strange. I thought Q20 was an absolute killer, 10 marks had no idea...!

well i found it kindA weird actually... it was kinda harder than jan 14 but not that much.. true there were marks that could have been got easily... but ... the thing is i did silly mistakes and some of the explanations i had no idea what to write... like the scientific models one and last q and that sensor thing... idk how the calculations for the refractive index was wrong... :/ i got my i to be 40 and i dun remember the r but ppl say i was 50... :/ it was okay for me overall..

what u expectin? A?
Original post by wanna_get_A*
well i found it kindA weird actually... it was kinda harder than jan 14 but not that much.. true there were marks that could have been got easily... but ... the thing is i did silly mistakes and some of the explanations i had no idea what to write... like the scientific models one and last q and that sensor thing... idk how the calculations for the refractive index was wrong... :/ i got my i to be 40 and i dun remember the r but ppl say i was 50... :/ it was okay for me overall..

what u expectin? A?

ohhh the sensor thing i found okay, the one with the tank and the ciruit, i talked alot about how the switch was used to control to output current thus if closed there would be more current as the current would pass through this route as the other route had the NTC thermistor.. i cannot remember my i and r values, i drew a normal to the horizontal and marked from there, i think they were between 20-30 degrees, my r was definitely bigger than my i value... was okay overall though, i did well in the first 2 papers but as i didn't have a physics teacher this year, my maths teacher has been trying to teach me but i practically did the syllabus on my own.. so i cannot see myself getting an A, but maybe ( if grade boundaries are low ) .. I'm sure a B at least
Reply 986
Why isnt there any mark scheme for IAL? :frown:

Thanks for the Mark Scheme:

Was just wondering, surely Q19 b) ii) You would have to multiply the distance by two as the pulse is travelling there and back??
Hey Guys, Just wondering what would the mark scheme be for Edexcel AS Level Physics Unit 2 GCE?

a = ?
b = ?

Taking in consideration that the marks on TSR don't represent the national average across the board.

Past Paper Model Answers: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2xF9AIR3H-4
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by XxKingSniprxX
Hey Guys, Just wondering what would the mark scheme be for Edexcel AS Level Physics Unit 2 GCE?

a = ?
b = ?

Taking in consideration that the marks on TSR don't represent the national average across the board.

Past Paper Model Answers: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2xF9AIR3H-4

what i think is A might be at 60.
what about you?
I'd say 55-58 for an A. Highest mark for an A was 56 in this paper in Jan 2013 which the dfficulty was very similar. However, considering there were no Jan exams, they could be much lower since an unusually large number of people are sitting this exam in one month.
Original post by MrHogwash
I'd say 55-58 for an A. Highest mark for an A was 56 in this paper in Jan 2013 which the dfficulty was very similar. However, considering there were no Jan exams, they could be much lower since an unusually large number of people are sitting this exam in one month.

Actually looking at January 2011 the highest mark has been 58 for an A for 6PH02. However that paper was easier than the June 2014 from the looks of it and back then the January Papers for Unit 2 were normally taken by those resitting Units so would be better placed.
My estimates for this time taking into account all the changes that A Levels have thrown at us would mean A being 54-55 at the top then decreasing by 5 or so each time towards the E.
Reply 992
You can deduct the marks of every hard question from 80... To seduce the min mark for an A

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 993
Original post by ridaali
hiya , please can you help me out :?? question 5 in jan 2010 paper !!

F=BILsin(x)*N

B - 0.2
I - 3
L - 0.04m
X - 90 degrees (Don't use the angle they give you in the question as it's for length PQ which isn't at the same angle to the magnetic field as QS)
N - 50 (multiply by N because QS is the whole coil)
We're looking at 56-59 for an A and 5 down for lower grades
Any ideas about the grade boundaries? The highest 120UMS was like 71/80 I think, you think it will be the same, higher or lower?
Anyone have an unofficial marskcheme or a blank paper for the IAL paper?

Posted from TSR Mobile
I got 67 yay:smug:
Anyone got the mark scheme for IAL?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Brave reader
I got 67 yay:smug:

Well done. I think I got 53 xD

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending