Medical Students, How Much Studying Have You Done Over Easter? Watch

Leavemyarcelona
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
Hey, I'm a medical student, and I was just wondering how much studying you guys have been doing over Easter? I've really been struggling for motivation, as I've been really pushing myself up until the waster holidays so that I could get good grades for three coursework assignment that we had due, so I feel a bit burned out now tbh.

How much studying have you guys done?
Interrobang
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Gonna move this to the medics section
Lantana
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
It's only the first day of my Easter holidays and I spent it travelling home so none! After far too many years at uni, I like that I have exams before holidays as I can use it to chill out. I don't work well at home anyhow so I tend to limit my time there and go back early to sort out things/do revision as needed. But it does mean I get a bit of time where I can do things like have pyjama days and recuperate.
DorianGrayism
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
I have Obs as my next rotation so I am definitely doing some revision

It is coming to the end of the year….so I take a day off and start again.
Leavemyarcelona
Rep:
?
(Original post by Lantana)
It's only the first day of my Easter holidays and I spent it travelling home so none! After far too many years at uni, I like that I have exams before holidays as I can use it to chill out. I don't work well at home anyhow so I tend to limit my time there and go back early to sort out things/do revision as needed. But it does mean I get a bit of time where I can do things like have pyjama days and recuperate.

(Original post by DorianGrayism)
I have Obs as my next rotation so I am definitely doing some revision

It is coming to the end of the year….so I take a day off and start again.
Thanks for the replies guys. Will you guys be having a bit of a break over easter then yea? Because I definitely need one lol.
navarre
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
None so far, simply because I haven't had an Easter break yet. I go home tomorrow for just over two weeks of rest. However, I plan to practice for my competencies (cardio, pulmonary and GI exam) plus go over my last progress test and see which questions I need to know more on. (My med school uses progress tests rather than exams at the end of the year on a set syllabus). Plus, I'll be going through all the filmed plenaries throughout the year to get the stuff in my head.
Leavemyarcelona
Rep:
?
(Original post by navarre)
None so far, simply because I haven't had an Easter break yet. I go home tomorrow for just over two weeks of rest. However, I plan to practice for my competencies (cardio, pulmonary and GI exam) plus go over my last progress test and see which questions I need to know more on. (My med school uses progress tests rather than exams at the end of the year on a set syllabus). Plus, I'll be going through all the filmed plenaries throughout the year to get the stuff in my head.
That sounds like you've got a really good plan in place there. What year are you in, out of interest? I'm in first year, and we've got our end of year exam coming up, so that's what I'm revising for atm.
navarre
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by Leavemyarcelona)
That sounds like you've got a really good plan in place there. What year are you in, out of interest? I'm in first year, and we've got our end of year exam coming up, so that's what I'm revising for atm.
I'm in first year as well. We do have an End of Year 1 Exam (this is the only year we have end of year exams), but if we get an overall satisfactory grade in our progress tests (which I have so far, thank God), we don't even have to pass our End of Year exam. My rewatching of plenaries, which have all the relevant info we need for Year 1, is my way of tackling that exam.
Isometrix
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
In the library from 12pm to 12am everyday now. I'm going hard because I need to bring up my rank for FPAS next year.
JunePlum
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
I was on holiday since two weeks ago and I haven't done any studying since my exams were already gone.
I'm trying to "pre read" for my upcoming rotation though. I'm aiming for at least 5 topics per day.
Nuttyneuron
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
GKT second year here we don't do easter unfortunately so It's been non-stop lectures until yesterday, exams in 5 weeks :mad:
Leavemyarcelona
Rep:
?
(Original post by Nuttyneuron)
GKT second year here we don't do easter unfortunately so It's been non-stop lectures until yesterday, exams in 5 weeks :mad:

What uni are you guys at?
Nuttyneuron
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
kings
xXxBaby-BooxXx
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Will be doing none! End of year exams were before Easter. Might do a bit of general reading in preparation for my elective, which is straight after Easter
member327593
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by Nuttyneuron)
You dont get any easter holidays at all?? :eek: I take it you must have a very long summer break...
Nuttyneuron
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by A100whoo)
You dont get any easter holidays at all?? :eek: I take it you must have a very long summer break...
Nope no easter, we do get study leave 4 weeks before the exams though I suppose. Summer holidays this year are June-September, but even those take a nose-dive third year onwards
ukmed108
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Maybe one day's worth of studying.
kkboyk
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by Isometrix)
In the library from 12pm to 12am everyday now. I'm going hard because I need to bring up my rank for FPAS next year.
Dont wear yourself out
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Manchester Metropolitan University
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Wed, 19 Jun '19
  • University of West London
    Undergraduate Open Day - West London Campus Undergraduate
    Wed, 19 Jun '19
  • University of Warwick
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 21 Jun '19

How did your AQA A-level Biology Paper 2 go?

Loved the paper - Feeling positive (405)
18.58%
The paper was reasonable (1038)
47.61%
Not feeling great about that exam... (484)
22.2%
It was TERRIBLE (253)
11.61%

Watched Threads