The Student Room Group
Reply 180
XTinaA
I'd do Sven's job better than him :rolleyes:

England will not win Euro 2004 (and it kills me to say so). We are between average and second-tier.

arent we ranked 6th in the world or something atm? :rolleyes:
Reply 181
England aren't great but not that many good teams at the moment who can win it apart from France or italy.
Reply 182
XTinaA
England do that anyway, big deal. And I don't see your case, Wesley isn't that far worse than any other English central defender.

No he really is! Personally I think his a terrible defender! Supprised that over the years Old Fergie ain't released him on a free the way he plays sometimes! :tongue:
Reply 183
slim786
England aren't great but not that many good teams at the moment who can win it apart from France or italy.

spain germany...etc the usual suspects all have a chance
XTinaA
I'd do Sven's job better than him :rolleyes:

England will not win Euro 2004 (and it kills me to say so). We are between average and second-tier.

Just u wait...they will. I would put £50 on it. Anyone interested in a wager?:smile:
Kuz
No he really is! Personally I think his a terrible defender! Supprised that over the years Old Fergie ain't released him on a free the way he plays sometimes! :tongue:

You are very partisan aren't you. Lehmann ahead of Niemi?!

Brown terrible? I think I'll listen to the experts who all rate him, thanks.
Reply 186
XTinaA
He did actually say he'd consider it if he couldn't break into Brazil's team. But then he wouldn't play for us either, grade A donkey...

Pardon...Edu is absolutley wicked..he has played some excellent football lately!
France would be the favourites but my tip would be Portugal.
Reply 188
I still remember wes brown's blunder against deportivo. How bad was that. He's so indecisive.
Reply 189
XTinaA
France would be the favourites but my tip would be Portugal.

im tipping holland - wicked team - always underperform, but this could be their year
Reply 190
Portugal flatter to deceive. There goalie and defence are poor. Rui Costa overrated
Kuz
Pardon...Edu is absolutley wicked..he has played some excellent football lately!

Eventhough i dislike Arsenal, i tend to agree with this. He has been playin wicked recently, way better than id expect from him.
slim786
I still remember wes brown's blunder against deportivo. How bad was that. He's so indecisive.

I stick the blame firmly on Barthez for being the indecisive one. If Barthez had decided on something to do about the situation there would be no problem, but no signal was made to Brown or anything.
Reply 193
My tip is France unless Dutch or Italians pull it off or England(here's to hoping)
Reply 194
Brown could be a great defender, but sadly he always gets injured just as he's getting into a bit of form, then once he returns it always takes him a while to get good again. However he's very comfortable on the ball and what he lacks in strength and stature he makes up for in awareness and technique.
Reply 195
But if e.g. campbell had been in brown's shoes he would of cleared it and taken responsibility.
Reply 196
XTinaA
You are very partisan aren't you. Lehmann ahead of Niemi?!

Brown terrible? I think I'll listen to the experts who all rate him, thanks.

I don't think you know what your talking about Brown is dire usually, and the fact that he playing crap was one of the reasons why Man Utd conceeded so heavily at the start of the season...as he wasn't fulfiling his role in the team properly! I think that it would be ajoke if he made it into the squad...but hey they've let David James in..so who knows!

Lehmann has played some excellent football...its just his so erractic which is his downfall..and yes I agree an erractic goal keeper is not a good goal keeper..to be honest I don't know all that much about Niemi, but what I have seen, he was distinctley average! I think we need to think outside of the uk for a good goal keeper at the moment!
TheWolf
im tipping holland - wicked team - always underperform, but this could be their year

Holland are so good on paper. But it all goes wrong on the pitch.
slim786
But if e.g. campbell had been in brown's shoes he would of cleared it and taken responsibility.

With no call from a goalkeeper who just went in front of you without giving you a chance to do anything? Any defender would have been embarassed. Campbell would probably have pulled the player back or elbowed him in the face.
England will be foolishly written off too soon, i think we will probably draw 2 group games, and then thrash France, tis always the way.

Probably get to at least the semi-finals, England will win Euro 2004 :smile:

Latest